Sir "Spamalot"

The gastronomy section for all things food related.

Moderator: TMAX

Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Sir "Spamalot"

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

Here's a breakfast fit for a king. I call it sir "Spamalot"

2 slices of the prince of caned meat sealed in each buckwheat granola pancake. Can I get an OH MY GOD :D

Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Spam INSIDE the pancakes?!!! Dennis, I think that is pretty weird. Are you trying to do some Rudy experiments? I don't think that I could come up with something that strange. I bet it tastes good, though. Did you pour syrup on top? I gotta laugh.
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

They were so good I still have a warm fuzzy feeling inside :D I justified the spam by balancing it with buckwheat and granola.
Peace along the way
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

PS: You can put anything you want in a pancake. Fruit, nuts meat, anything goes 8) I make some pretty spectacular omelets to. Anything goes.
Last edited by Dennis The Bus Dweller on Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peace along the way
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

You are a funny guy. I am transmitting from my Learjet. I'll be there shortly. Where am I supposed to land this plane? Call me at Rudyjet333. I hope you can come and pick me up and remember to keep the food warm. Oh, by the way, I am bringing a surprise guest. She is my friend who is quite a famous movie star. I can't put her name on the forum, but I will say that she has a fleet of buses. She doesn't like to fly, but I convinced her that my new pilot is the best, and this plane is small enough to land in a corn field.
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Look for Orient Point airport. It's a couple feet past my wood shop. It's a long one, it's at least 150 feet long with a thick treeline at the end :D
Peace along the way
Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

[quote="Dennis The Bus Dweller"]Look for Orient Point airport. It's a couple feet past my wood shop. It's a long one, it's at least 150 feet long with a thick treeline at the end :D[/quote]

Hey Dennis, It's a good thing you don't live in China, because you never want to land at "the long one" there!

I know my humor sucks, but at least it's consistent.
dburt

Post by dburt »

It's a known fact among batchelor cooks that you can cancel out bad calories with healthy ones. If you eat a quart of high cholesterol ice cream you can cancel it out by eating a carrot stick afterwards. Have a big juicy grease burger layered with pounds of cheese for lunch? Follow it up with a pine float! (Pine float- a toothpick floating in a glass of water). So that high cholesterol and overly salty spam is canceled out by the health pancakes. It's all part of the law of physics, kinda like how magnets repel and attract each other, or how opposites attract! Or something like that, I think!?

If you get to feeling guilty about eating bad- just watch Man Vs Food on the Travel Channel, or Andrew Zimmern's Bizarre Foods. Makes the rest of us look like lettuce and carrot guzzling tree hugging meadow muffins!
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

:D
Peace along the way
yugogypsy

Sir Spamalot

Post by yugogypsy »

Dennis, I'm going to try spam in potato pancakes, I eat them a lot, and am going shopping for some spam to try Rudy's Spam & Potato soup.

Keep inspiring guys and my weight should start climbing, but to have some of the gang over for a visit would be the best inspiration of all.

I love cooking with a crowd

:D Lois
Bash On Regardless!