Cabbage and Kielbasa

The gastronomy section for all things food related.

Moderator: TMAX

Rudy

Post by Rudy »

I finished the soup yesterday. I like this stuff so much that I started another batch this morning. I used the leftover broth. I put a can of beets and one onion in the soup. I did not put any jalapeño peppers this time. I cooked it on high for six hours and the vegetables are still crisp. I left it on high because I wanted to eat it tonight. I also did not put any spices because I thought that the broth would flavor it enough. I think the broth was played out. I should have put a few spices in there. This batch was plain. It was inoffensive and easy on the palate. I really prefer more zing to my soups.

You can't go to a restaurant and get what I had in my bowl tonight. There may be a lot of people that think soup is boring, but my soups are packed with meat, vegetables, and spices. I have eaten canned soups for years, and there is NO soup that will match mine.

This cabbage and Kielbasa soup will most likely be a mainstay for me. I did not take any photos because it looks like all the rest. The beets are a very good addition.
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

Soup and stew are great winter food. I love the stuff and you get alot of food for the buck
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

I made the fifth batch yesterday and am about to have some for breakfast. Everybody I tell this to can't really fathom having something like that for breakfast. I still think it is better than a sausage biscuit.

I only put three Jalapeño peppers this time. I also really love having the beets in there. You know what it looks like so I am not posting a picture. I can assure you that it will be as tasty as all the rest.

I will bake a pie someday, and I will post some pictures of that. After this batch of Cabbage and Kielbasa soup, I will try something different so that I can take pictures and give you a report. It looks like I have to do some more inventing.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Yesterday I got a pepperoni pizza from Little Ceasers. It was fun to eat but I suffered the consequences. I had bad indigestion. What a drag it is getting old. I will have my Cabbage and Kielbasa soup today. It doesn't hurt me, and it is good stuff.