Bar b que Little Smokies

The gastronomy section for all things food related.

Moderator: TMAX

Stealth Camper

Bar b que Little Smokies

Post by Stealth Camper »

I got this decades ago from somewhere deep in the mists of time, but it still is pretty good, very easy, and cheap (except for the Smokies).

3 lbs of Little Smokies sausages - enough for a 4 quart crock pot.
1 quart (32 oz) prepared mustard (yellow in jar)
1 quart grape jelly

Mix the mustard and jelly together in crock pot on high heat, stirring without looking at it, or getting so close you can smell it initially. The mustard smell can be overwhelming and the look is similar to what you don't want to see from the back end of a very young baby.

Don't worry, it tastes good and looks better later.

As it warms, the mixture will become consistent in look and smell - both will be wonderful at this point.

Drain any liquid off the Little Smokies and add them to the crock pot. They can be added at the beginning or after the mixture sits for a while. I just throw it all together and stir once in a while.

Let the whole thing get warm/hot, reducing heat to low when hot. Can either be entre or snacks for party. Have never met a carnivore that did not like them.

In fact, I think I know what dinner is Friday night!
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Mustard and grape jelly? Who'd a thunk?
Got love? Give love.
graydawg

little smokies

Post by graydawg »

hey they are fantastic my younger sister makes them for all the family get togethers I knew they had grape jelly in them and other stuff but I don't know if one of the other ingredients was mustard graydawg