Jammin on the steel drum!

The gastronomy section for all things food related.

Moderator: TMAX

Jones'n4chrome

Jammin on the steel drum!

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

Here are a few pics of the fourth of July party at Niki's house. She lives in the Simi Valley knolls. Her house is up high enough that you can see the fireworks very well from her back yard. As a bird flys, I bet the park is less than a mile away. The last few years the fireworks shows were pretty weak, this year it was fantastic.

In the past attendance would always double what we expected, so this year I loaded the grill up, then half the people couldn't make it.
One whole chicken, two tri tips, some white corn and a bunch of spuds.

I like grilling the corn with the husks pulled back. I oil it lightly with extra virgin olive oil, then sprinkle some garlic pepper and a little salt. I never made it this way for Niki, she insisted on putting some on with the husks on, because thats how they do it in Thailand. After she put more corn on she took the corn I made inside. After she and some of her Thai friends tried my corn, she came running out to tell me to make it with the husks pulled back. It was pretty funny.

I made 4 of these barrel barbeque's and this is my least favorite. I made it for Jody and Lou Ann's wedding gift, but due to my work schedule i wasn't able to finish it. So he talked me into letting him finish it. I had finished cutting and pre drilling the redwood for the top, I just needed to buy some for the bottom shelf then varnish all the wood and screw it on.
Well he stained the the redwood "brick red"then told me he didn't want to cut and drill a bunch of redwood , so he used a scrap of plywood he had in the back yard for the lower shelf. I took one look at it and said "don't tell anyone I made it" To this day he still thinks it looks good. It's about 10 years old now.
longjohn

Post by longjohn »

Chuck,
It sure looks like it is doing the job on the taters and corn and steak and of course.......the barnyard buzzard.(other wise known as the barnyard pimp)............Good as all that looks......i would say you done good 8)
Take a Child Camping and they will have fun
But take a child Campin,
And they will always cherish,
The memory!!!

Campin,Campin,Campin