Coffee Makers

The gastronomy section for all things food related.

Moderator: TMAX

stuartcnz
Site Admin

Coffee Makers

Post by stuartcnz »

Now after seeing the conversation sparked in Dennis's Muffin thread, I thought it was time to start the coffee maker thread, where people post photo's of their coffee makers.

Here is our first stove top espresso maker. It is stainless steel and made by Italian coffee maker Lavazza. We got it second hand, but believe they were made as a promotional item, which is a shame, because it is just so darn good, I want to be able to replace it with an identical one when this one is no longer serviceable.

It is really only a one cup maker, but I get two large mugs out of it, because I don't like strong coffee. I add quite a lot of boiling water to the cup, with lots of milk......yummy..

My partner on the other hand likes her coffee strong, so only gets one cup out of it.

We also have this one shot maker which is aluminium.

Because this one makes the coffee straight into the cup, it also produces creme on top.

Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

Id like to get my hands on one of those little guys. I like coffee that throws you out in to the driveway in the morning :shock:
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
rlaggren

Post by rlaggren »

French press for me. Quick, easy cleanup, coffee to taste; I like the 8-cup version which gives me two decent mugs. Just gotta pussy foot around the thin glass vessel.

I'm in the Dennis camp: Gotta be able to TASTE the coffee. <g> But funny thing is, I usually leave a cup or so extra after breakfast to sit and around; about 4pm I finish it. It's cold by then and I actually think it tastes better than the hot stuff.

Rufus
GoodClue

coffee maker ...

Post by GoodClue »

This is my $10 Walmart stainless steel unit ... one cup, blasts your socks off ...

Same functions as Stuarts and the other Italians ... probably Chinese ... :wink: ... and, yes, lots of cream ...
GoodClue
"ya gotta have art ..."
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

Walmart ah, Nice
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.