Bobs Best Oatmeal

The gastronomy section for all things food related.

Moderator: TMAX

Bob

Bobs Best Oatmeal

Post by Bob »

I might have shared this somewhere before..but I am learning the forums better and this is my best meal so I thought it deserved to have a section for reference.
Only use the 5 minute oats...poor some in a pan (I dont use measuring cups...sorry) add whole milk instead of water...let it sit as you chop an apple (or whatever you like....just no small animals) into small bits and add it.add brown sugar, and I like white also''..cook for 5 minutes...then let sit for a few.
Its like a yummy breakfast pudding! Oh yeah..eat it out of the pan and you have a single dish meal. :D
I also make awesome bacon...I will share that another time
Wherever I am...I am home.
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

Bob...you and I make the same oatmeal! Sometimes I also sprinkle in a little cinnamon and pecans or flax seed. Man, I think I'll go make some for breakfast right now.

Looking forward to your bacon recipe :P
ezrablu
1991 Bluebird International
360 DT - 6 Speed
Bob

Post by Bob »

It has inspired me to make some for breakfast too (right on time at the crack of noon)
The bacon is easy...as you are frying it just keep sprinkling brown sugar over it. It becomes a very sticky yummy mess! MMMMMMM!!!!
I believe those are the only "great" things I make..except for coffee...I am quite the coffee snob!
Wherever I am...I am home.
yugogypsy

Bob's best Oatmeal

Post by yugogypsy »

Oatmeal sounds yummy too me, I'm going to try it with Canadian Maple syrup.

I usually use the old-fashioned oats and throw in whatever dried fruit I have on hand (except blueberries)

Bacon sounds interesting, have to try it very carefully (no teeth)

HUGS
Lois
Bash On Regardless!
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

Bob...Mmm to the bacon with brown sugar :P I have a friend who does the same thing with slices of ham in a skillet...and pork chops, too.

Lois...I have homemade maple syrup in my fridge and have put it in my oatmeal. Actually, I've put it in a lot of things :roll: :shock: :wink: :D
ezrablu
1991 Bluebird International
360 DT - 6 Speed