Frying Pan Pizza or Wrap

The gastronomy section for all things food related.

Moderator: TMAX

yugogypsy

Frying Pan Pizza or Wrap

Post by yugogypsy »

For this, you'll want a big heavy pan or a griddle.

Ingredients: 1-10" soft tortilla, toppings of your choice, and whatever cheese you like.

For those of you with electric cookers, turner your burner to about 8 or med-high, and for those of you on gas, a medium setting works well, and on wood, a hottish part of the stove.

lightly oil the frying pan, and get it hot, put in the tortilla until its a bit browned on the bottom, flip over and add your pizza toppings and cheese, cover loosely, and serve when everything on top is hot and the cheese has browned or bubbled real well.

You can either eat it as a pizza, or roll it for a wrap, or roll and slice for appetizers.

Happy Eating
Lois
Bash On Regardless!
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

Sounds good and easy. I made a pretty good pizza on a BBQ a few times. I also make great deep fried pizza puffs. Dem babys is great 8)
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
Bob

Post by Bob »

MMMMMMMM you are making me hungery! I have a friend, Jason Letterman who makes bbq pizzas to die for! He is another one of those guys that can create a gourmet meal out of just about nothing...and over a campfire! He made a round bbq with several racks and a vent at the top just for pizzas. 8)
Wherever I am...I am home.
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

I'm gonna be building me an earth oven....specifically to make pizzas in! I'll be posting photos on my blog when I do it. There are sooo many incredible ovens people have made! Some are serious works of art and hard to believe they would light it on fire :D

http://www.pequals.com/at/blueoxoven/index.html

This is a masonary organizations website...I LOVE CEMENT. I'll say that again....I LOVE CEMENT! I'm going to build cement couches and chairs into the side of the hill on my land. Anyway, I absolutely love flipping through their webpages over and over again. You can learn so much and there's so many photos on their site.
Here is their earth oven page:

http://mha-net.org/docs/v8n2/wildac04b.htm
ezrablu
1991 Bluebird International
360 DT - 6 Speed