Crazy Pie!

The gastronomy section for all things food related.

Moderator: TMAX

ezrablu

Crazy Pie!

Post by ezrablu »

I had fun with everybody in Sharkey Chat...then I went to make myself some dinner. Well, I ended up making a pie instead. It's in the oven and I can smell it baking...Mmmm!

It's a pie with no recipe and crazy ingredients. I just wrote about it on my BLOG
ezrablu
1991 Bluebird International
360 DT - 6 Speed
yugogypsy

Crazy pie

Post by yugogypsy »

Looks good, tell me how it turned out.

I've got some burger in the freezer, think I'll make a meat pie this week, if its good, I'll post the recipe.
Lois
Bash On Regardless!
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

Hmm,Sweeny Todds girl friend use to make meat pies. Thats a dam perty pie, whats in dat baby 8)
Last edited by Dennis The Bus Dweller on Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
Bob

Post by Bob »

That is a beautiful pie! :shock: Sounds good right now..I LOVE pie!
Wherever I am...I am home.
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

Thanks you guys! It's a late night, I don't feel like peeling apples pie :D

CONCOCTION:
2 cans of canned apricots with the liquid drained out....plus, I opened a can of fruit cocktail then picked out only the pears, peaches and cherries to use. Then added some pecans, brown sugar, cinnamon and a tablespoon of flour. Bake at 350° about 40 minutes or so....less probably if using a frozen pie crust (?)

I've been wondering what to do with those 2 cans of apricots for a year now. I don't even know where they came from :D I've made pies before with just drained fruit cocktail. They are pretty good but I'm not really a big fan of fruit cocktail. I like my fruit like I like my men....single and one at a time...hahaha...I can't believe I just made that joke :oops: :D

The verdict...the pie is DELISH!
ezrablu
360 DT - 6 Speed
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

:D You da bomb
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

I tried to stay away from the food posts but I'm gonna blame it on Dennis posting his french breakfast this morning :D

I just gotta share this recipe. I decided to make a pecan pie (my favorite pie in the whole wide universe) and I've been making them using same recipe for my whole life (and that's pretty long). BUT...today I found a recipe that does not call for any corn syrup...it's the first time I've ever heard of a pecan pie not made with corn syrup. Well, I gave the recipe a try.

O.M.G. :shock:

The smell of this pie baking is worth it even if the pie ended up tasting like crap :D It is theeeee best smelling pie I've EVER baked...and I've baked a crudload of pies.

Here's the before baked and after paked photos:
ImageImage

In case anyone wants to know...here is the recipe. It's also about the easiest pie I've ever made.
ezrablu
360 DT - 6 Speed
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

O.M.G.

This pie is INCREDIBLE.

My son went to a Super Bowl party and left me here alone here with this pie. God, help me. Image
ezrablu
360 DT - 6 Speed