A little survey

The gastronomy section for all things food related.

Moderator: TMAX

Rudy

A little survey

Post by Rudy »

This should be fun. It certainly is easy. There are only two questions.

(1) Do you love liver and onions, or do you dislike it immensely?

OOPS! That was actually two questions in one. Let's move on.

(2) Do you like Boudin?

It is what is known as Blood Sausage. When you fry it up, you get a sausage, the size of Kielbasa.

However, it does not look or taste anything like Kielbasa. It is black in color. It has the consistency of patee. And you are also treated to many small pieces of grizzle throughout the the tube of delight.

Boudin is very popular with those crazy Canucks (French Canadians)

OH! By the way, I figure that the word Canadians got shortened to Cajuns when a bunch of us moved to Louisiana.

I just can't figure why them people from the cold moved to a very hot and humid place.

OK! Let's start the survey!
Got love? Give love.
Dualfuel

Post by Dualfuel »

I fry onions alone until they are slightly crunchy but sweet.
I do not like liver.
I have never had Boudin. I saw a Beaudin once though.
Dualfuel
stuartcnz
Site Admin

Post by stuartcnz »

1: If the liver has come out of an animal that was alive in the last few hours, yes very much. If it is older than that, it tastes disgusting to me.

2: Black pudding is nice on occassion, but is very rich, so not a regular thing for me.
graydawg

Post by graydawg »

There are several different type boudans, the only type I eat is the without blood which is basically dirty rice in a sausage form with alllot of spices included.

I love onions any way they can be cooked, but hold the liver unless it is chicken livers fried up crunchy

James in da GRAYDAWG
I ONCE WAS A MIGHTY GREYHOUND
I THEN GOT OLD AND RETIRED
I LOST MY SEATS AND GOT A NEW GIG
I AM NOW A HAULIN SOME OLD DAWGS &
I BECAME THE GRAYDAWG
Stealth Camper

Post by Stealth Camper »

Liver - fried? Yuck.
Liverwurst - yum!

Onions - cooked - yum.
Raw, no thanks.

Boudin - have had something said to be that, and I liked it. Not sure if really was, though.
Wallfly

Post by Wallfly »

Liver is a huge source of B vit.s and offally good. In fact, it's Sharkey's favourite. Surprised that he hasn't posted on this ... maybe he drooled on his keyboard and shorted it out.
Headache

Post by Headache »

Liver is also a huge source of cholesterol and prone to many diseases.
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

Just the smell of liver makes me hurl...same for blood sausauge :shock:

Love onions :P
ezrablu
1991 Bluebird International
360 DT - 6 Speed
somewhereinusa

Post by somewhereinusa »

I think liver just ruins the onions.

Onions any way shape or form, yes. Sweet Vidalias are just getting to my part of the country. Really sweet ones are good eaten like an apple.

That other stuff probably not, not likely to try it either.
Bob

Post by Bob »

I will pretty much try anything...I really like "rumaki?"...liver wrapped in bacon...YUM!
As far as Boudin...the only one I ever knew was Jethro Boudin...I think he was a brain surgeon.
Wherever I am...I am home.
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

:D

The only experience I have with it is when my dad would get mad at us kids...he'd give us a belt in the mouth or a boudin our ass :D
ezrablu
1991 Bluebird International
360 DT - 6 Speed
GoodClue

Post by GoodClue »

Rudy ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acadia

Viva La liver and onions!

The Deportation

The British Conquest of Acadia happened in 1710. Over the next forty-five years the Acadians refused to sign an unconditional oath of allegiance to Britain. During this time period Acadians participated in various militia operations against the British and maintained vital supply lines to the French Fortress of Louisbourg and Fort Beausejour. During the French and Indian War, the British sought to neutralize any military threat Acadians posed and to interrupt the vital supply lines Acadians provided to Louisbourg by deporting Acadians from Acadia.
In the summer of 1755, the British attacked Fort Beauséjour and began the expulsion of the Acadians with the Bay of Fundy Campaign (1755). 6,000–7,000 Acadians were expelled from Nova Scotia. or the lower British American colonies. More fled deeper into the Atlantic Canadian wilderness or into French-controlled Canada. The Quebec town of L'Acadie (now a sector of Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu) was founded by expelled Acadians. After the Siege of Louisbourg (1758), the second wave of the expulsion began with the St. John River Campaign, Petitcodiac River Campaign and the Île Saint-Jean Campaign.
After 1764, many exiled Acadians finally settled in Louisiana, which had been transferred by France to Spain before the end of the French and Indian War. The name Acadian was corrupted to Cajun, which was first used as a pejorative term until its later mainstream acceptance. Britain allowed some Acadians to return to Nova Scotia, but these were forced to settle in small groups and were permitted to reside in their former settlements such as Grand-Pré, Port Royal, and Chignecto.
"ya gotta have art ..."
yugogypsy

a little survey

Post by yugogypsy »

Liver and Onions with BACON, cooked in a gravy of the pan juices and 1 cup of coffee.

Tender, moist and delicious.

Boudin- no thank you

Boudin Blanc-yes please

Also please pass the Gumbo, Jambalaya, and Etouffe`-YUMMY!

Lois
Bash On Regardless!