SF boat living

Discussions about all things related to boats.

Moderator: TMAX

yugogypsy

Re: SF boat living

Post by yugogypsy »

Hi Rufus,

Sure wish I could live on Anastar, great marina, great crew, helpful and great neighbours. Most of the live aboards are over 30 ft, but I could make Anastar home--just need silly Roly to teach me to use the stove. If he don't come home from the other end of the province and Rick doesn't quit driving me squirrely I'll be posting from my Blackberry on board. We shall see.

One way to get my money's worth out of Anastar, I've been paying the moorage and getting some of the repairs done, a couple more months and I figure I'll own at least half of her anyhow.

Roly had better come home or I may just put a lovely lien on his little boat--just need the keys for the motor (9.9 Yamaha) and I'm all set. I can find another sailing teacher!

Cheers all
Lois
PS. Only reason I haven't moved aboard yet is I have to pay extra for electricity and I need Roly to show me how to work the fuse box.
Bash On Regardless!
yugogypsy

Re: SF boat living

Post by yugogypsy »

The fair weather sailors have put their sail and power boats away for the winter and us "regulars" will have peace now.

We had a downpour a couple of nights ago and Anastar's carpet is SOAKED, I'll have to haul it out and bring it home to dry.

I spent this afternoon finding the products we need to fix her and the prices of them. The LEAST expensive thing we need to do is replace some lines, the good thing is, after the keel is done we'll have time to save up for the other things we need.

Rufus--the patch job on the keel if we use epoxy is going to be about $500, it's $120 a gallon and we have to use 3 coats, so 3-4 gallons of epoxy probably, depending how big her keel is, I know she draws 4.8 feet. But how wide and long the keel is I won't know until she's out of the water.

I was reading an earlier post (DF I think) about sailing along nicely and suddenly getting punched over by a squall, we had that happen this summer, luckily Anastar has an ani-roll keel or we would have been swimming--and I might not be here because I was in the cabin and the door was open, she would have filled up quick!

Lois
Bash On Regardless!