For Doug (Goodclue)

Discussions about all things related to boats.

Moderator: TMAX

Patrick46

For Doug (Goodclue)

Post by Patrick46 »

When we were chatting last sunday...this came up...so here are some pics for yas...

This is the bardge at the end of my street. Boy...one could build the most spectacular floating home outta this thing!!! (doncha just LOVE that control tower!!!)
http://img188.imageshack.us/i/10029.jpg/

and these next pics are of a landing craft that is for sale down in our local shipyard...FYI...
http://img38.imageshack.us/i/10030d.jpg/
http://img580.imageshack.us/i/10031h.jpg/
http://img824.imageshack.us/i/10032x.jpg/

hope these pics come through!! Enjoy!

"Good Times & Good Friends Make Life Better"

www.artworks-unlimited.com
GoodClue

floating homes ...

Post by GoodClue »

:lol:
Patrick ... that's the idea ... Been discussing these and similar with Stewart .. some I've been looking at ... surprisingly low prices ...

my favorite of this group ...

GoodClue :)
"ya gotta have art ..."
stuartcnz
Site Admin

Post by stuartcnz »

The middle one looks awsome.
Patrick46

Post by Patrick46 »

What on earth would you want onna those for anyways??? Gonna build a floating home you can bring your car & bike on??? (kinda sounds like sumthing I'd do!!!) 8)

rlaggren

Post by rlaggren »

One note of caution which many eager boat people don't consider:

Once your name is on it you're responsible for it until you can get somebody else's name on the title. That means that you pay the rent, move it, or junk it. Sounds OK? Well, note that a little 30' boat costs $3-5000 to junk; those barges are a bit larger. Towing is _very_ expensive. And around SF you sink it anywhere w/in navigable waters and you have the feds taking over your finances until it's raised and "properly" disposed of.

So you might want to have an exit strategy in place before you commit. Some of us are bullet proof at the moment but that might change in the future and liens hang on forever.

Sorry to be the wet blanket.

Rufus
GoodClue

floating homes ...

Post by GoodClue »

Thanks people ... :)
Love this one ... no price, so has to be too expensive ...

Keep those cards and letters coming ... the more info, the better the decisions ... all thoughts welcome ...
Until I can catch a ride with the next off-planet expedition, ours or theirs, I've got to find a way to deal with too many people ... realizing the waters have their issues, I'd rather kayak with the Orcas than be on the road with these insane drivers hurrying up to go nowhere.
The world is changing, I'm just trying to find my flow ... all options open ... including 46 Chevy bus balloons ...

Any water/air experiences and stories welcome ... GoodClue :wink:
"ya gotta have art ..."
graydawg

BOATS

Post by graydawg »

There is a old saying that the 2 happiest days of a boat owners life is the day he buys it and the day he sales it, I personally love boats my ski/fish is only 18 feet though, I would imagine the bigger they are the more it cost to own and keep up
Patrick46

Re: floating homes ...

Post by Patrick46 »

GoodClue wrote: Until I can catch a ride with the next off-planet expedition, ours or theirs, I've got to find a way to deal with too many people ... realizing the waters have their issues, I'd rather kayak with the Orcas than be on the road with these insane drivers hurrying up to go nowhere.
I'm right there with ya Doug!!!

I cannot stand these drivers anymore. For the first time in my life, I've actually considered the idea of selling off all my motorcycles...that's how bad it's become!!!! I simply do not feel safe out there anymore.
People reading, texting, putting on make-up, talking on the damn phone....GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know that in Europe, you have like a 2 year probationery license BEFORE you can drive on your own and haul passengers etc.
Over here...people don't treat driving like the PRIVILEGE that it is! Road-Rage, traffic congestion, and just plain mean drivers out there...UHG!!

The water is just about the last refuge that hasn't been overrun with traffic and the legal system. I'm at the verge of making the leap myself...and have been looking even. (But I need to sell somma my bikes before I'd have the extra $$ a boat would require)

Look at what I snoozed on!!!!!! (I can't believe I missed this......UHGH!!!!!!!) :x ...(don't throw up on your monitor when you see that selling price!!!)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... MEWAX%3AIT

stuartcnz
Site Admin

Post by stuartcnz »

Patrick, that is a nice looking boat. All hull materials have pro's and con's. If you are interested in fibreglass hulls, the con you want to become familiar with is osmosis.