Yikes!

Alternative Fuels of all sorts, Biodiesel, Electric, Human Power, Steam, etc.

Moderator: TMAX

Jones'n4chrome

Yikes!

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

I wouldn't mind having one of these.

http://www.yikebike.com/site/home
Mark B

Post by Mark B »

Looks kind of like a face plant waiting to happen. Sort of like the old penny farthings, except with under seat steering. Pretty cool concept.

Only has a range of 6 miles and max speed of 12 mph.. My bike commute is 20 miles each way, and I can average 17. I’ll stick to pedaling.

Mark
Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

I prefer to pedal also. I think this concept is for people traveling on subways, trains & buses. I have a Dahon single speed folding bike that I currently use for that.
Mark B

Post by Mark B »

Jones'n4chrome wrote:I prefer to pedal also. I think this concept is for people traveling on subways, trains & buses. I have a Dahon single speed folding bike that I currently use for that.
For that, it would be a pretty cool thing. 12 mph is pretty slow, though. The video makes it look like he’s going faster than that. I realize there are limitations to keep it small and packable.

Mark
Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

You sure can tell the kids that played with Transformers toys, are now becoming adult design engineers.
William Biffwinkle

Post by William Biffwinkle »

http://www.bikemenu.com/photosunibike.html

I know these are not electric but they all roll about the same.....

The guy in the big photo built his first one years ago. Small block pontiac engine if I remember correctly. I saw the footage of the "face plant" it looked like when a penny or a hoola-hoop quits rolling and starts wobbling. Made you feel queasy to watch....by the 6th viewing I no longer felt bad for the guy but was laughing like crazy.

Took him a lo-n-n-n-g time to heal.

Then he built a new one. Nice....

Imagine a panic stop in one of those...heeheeheehee...
Last edited by William Biffwinkle on Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
William Biffwinkle

Post by William Biffwinkle »

"You sure can tell the kids that played with Transformers toys, are now becoming adult design engineers."

Chuckie.....you hit the nail on the head there....