Brown's Gas

Alternative Fuels of all sorts, Biodiesel, Electric, Human Power, Steam, etc.

Moderator: TMAX

Mark R. Obtinario
Seasoned Nomadicista

Brown's Gas

Post by Mark R. Obtinario »

Hi all,

I have been doing some research for alternatives to filling up at the local filling station. I don't like contributing to the excess profits of multi-national corporations at the expense of my pocketbook.

In the research I have come across Brown's Gas (www.eagle-research.com).

At first read it sounds as if it is a formula for turning straw into gold. After all, using water as fuel doesn't sound like it could really work.

Further reading revealed Brown's Gas is a wonderful gas with which to weld. Not only will it weld just about anything to anything without off gassing noxious fumes but it does it at a fraction of the cost of conventional welders.

And then the possibility of using Brown's Gas to turn radioactive waste into run-of-the-mill non-radioactive waste makes the possibilities and profit potential incredible.

My questions about Brown's Gas are two fold.

First, is Brown's Gas for real or is it some demented dream put together by some overage hippies who have experienced some "bad times".

Second, if Brown's Gas is for real, why has it not been accepted in the main stream?

Do any of you know anything about Brown's Gas?

Enquiring minds want to know!

Mark O.
Dj

Post by Dj »

Sounds like plain old Hydrogen and Oxygen to me...

Hydrogen is the most common element in the universe- but it has a propensity to bond with other elements, even itself...

One caveat in regards to splitting water into it's subparts with electricity is that it consumes far more electricity to split the molecules than the energy you get back from burning the atoms.

I'm no chem/physicist, what do I know...

If you like that, you'll love this:

http://jlnlabs.imars.com/bingofuel/
http://jlnlabs.imars.com/cfr

Jean-Louis Naudin has a lot of really interesting things on his site. Check them out... One of my favorites is the "lifter" which uses the principles of high voltage electricity and an asymmetrical capacitor in a dielectric fluid to cause ionizing thrust... think "sharper image ionic breeze" air purifier... the concept is similar.
cobra5002

brown's gas

Post by cobra5002 »

lo,
the difference between brown's gas, i believe, is that the atoms are no longer in their diatomic phase. that is H2 is now H + H and O2 is now O + O. but i am not positive.
if you look on youtube and google video there are some vids on brown's gas and other hydroxy related stuff. including water that burns and watching a guy poor water down a carb and the car running ... believe it or not, i am not saying i do.