New Electric Vehicle Forum

Alternative Fuels of all sorts, Biodiesel, Electric, Human Power, Steam, etc.

Moderator: TMAX

Sharkey
Original Founder

New Electric Vehicle Forum

Post by Sharkey »

Last week, a new forum opened dedicated to electric vehicles of all sorts, but especially owner-built EV's. The forum is called Do It Yourself Electric Car Forums and it seems to be off to a promising start. I've registered and posted a few times.

The forum is still in the formative stages, but it contains tech sections, a For Sale/Wanted section, and RSS feeds from several external news and message services, including the Electric Vehicles Discussion List (EVDL). As far as I know, this is the first time anyone has intergrated several resources of this type into one place, and over time, the incoming messages as well as the archive data will build to become a powerful resource for the EV community.

If you have an interest in this sort of thing, check it out. You don't have to be an EV owner to read the posts or register to take part in the discussions.
RevDon

Another EV Forum

Post by RevDon »

Hey Sharkey!

I would like to invite you to another forum:
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/index.php

They're a very cutting-edge group, very hands-on and knowledgable. I think that they would really appreciate your input and wealth of knowledge and experience. They're heavy into e-bikes, but have an EV Business forum that I would like your input on, in particular this thread:
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2868

Thanks in advance, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Don
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

Hi Don, thanks for the invitation. I'll go lurk for a while and see if it looks like they have any use for my opinons. I've also been posting at a VW forum a bit lately, and that, along with my new winter project are keeping me from posting here in my own forum as much as I'd like. I need to get busy and do some more on the "30 Years in a Housetruck" thread...
Steve

South Coast Tech Rabbit

Post by Steve »

Hi Sharkey,

Wow. Your site is like the way-back machine. I worked for EHV Systems on Long Island NY when I graduated from college in '81 with my EE degree. We designed and built the motor controller, DC/DC converter, and the instrument package for all of the SCT vehicles, including the bread trucks. Fond memories of that time were triggered by your photographs.

Do you know if any of these vehicles are available? I'd love to bring one back to life. I know that Detroit Edison and Philadelphia Electric bought quite a few Rabbits from SCT.

Thanks,

Steve
mcswensen

Re: South Coast Tech Rabbit

Post by mcswensen »

Steve wrote:Hi Sharkey,

Wow. Your site is like the way-back machine. I worked for EHV Systems on Long Island NY when I graduated from college in '81 with my EE degree. We designed and built the motor controller, DC/DC converter, and the instrument package for all of the SCT vehicles, including the bread trucks. Fond memories of that time were triggered by your photographs.

Do you know if any of these vehicles are available? I'd love to bring one back to life. I know that Detroit Edison and Philadelphia Electric bought quite a few Rabbits from SCT.

Thanks,

Steve

Steve I have one of these vehicles on long island its an old philadelphia gas and electric model. i'm having some controller issues. i think the field strength regulator went away. These are still alive and kicking. at least mine was until 2 weeks ago!!!