For Sale: GE Electrak E-15

Alternative Fuels of all sorts, Biodiesel, Electric, Human Power, Steam, etc.

Moderator: TMAX

Sharkey
Original Founder

For Sale: GE Electrak E-15

Post by Sharkey »

No, not one of mine, belongs to a friend who is moving to a postage-stamp sized lot in Tacoma, and his wife says it's not going along.

Equipped with a rear-mounted rototiller and front-mounted, three-blade mower. I believe that he has a front scraper blade for it as well.

Here's a pic of mine for example:

This is one clean example of an Electrak. Every time i see it I realize how beat up mine is.

Asking price, complete: $2100.00 FOB

Located in Eugene, Oregon. It is possible to palletize the tractor and accessories for freight shipping, but it's not cheap. If you had it shipped, I'd recommend removing the batteries at this end and purchase new ones locally. A new set costs about $360.

Anyone interested is welcome to reply to this thread, or email me for details and contact information.
dragonhorseboy

Post by dragonhorseboy »

one sentence from me.. DAMN DAMN DAMNNNNNNN *bangs head on nearby wall*

hahaha :roll:

seriously..I've always liked the E-15 thoughts. especially an electric tractor for say if I just need to take a trailer and grab one driveway load then park it again -- seem too inefficental for the usual gas tractors you know.

oh well *one* day I'll figure my hand on electric power wheather its a true E-15 or homemade copy :P

dhb
A_Very_Wild_Wild_Camper

Post by A_Very_Wild_Wild_Camper »

Its a shame I'm in the UK, but it looks a very interesting and useful machine. Can anyone guide me to a site where it will me me more details on how its built, power pack, motors etc.?

I look forward to finding out more

Thanks guy's

Steve

My site - <url>http://tinyurl.co.uk/lpak</url>
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

Hi Steve, there is a short description of the Electrak on my web site, or you can get into more detail by visiting the Electrak.com site.

They really are amazing machines for being as small, quiet and economical as they are. It's going to be sad to see this one sold, hopefully, someone who really appreciates it will be the purchaser.
A_Very_Wild_Wild_Camper

Post by A_Very_Wild_Wild_Camper »

I'm really impressed with it, and its a real shame this country (UK) isn't more switched on to electric vehicles, or in my case, useful plant.
Josh and Jenifer

electric lawn tractor

Post by Josh and Jenifer »

Has anyone converted an old cub cadet international garden tractor to electric? I have a couple of them with bad ICE's. They are a shaft driven with 3 foward and 1 rev. tranny. very sturdy built. i'm thinking of converting one.
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

Hi Josh (or maybe it's Jennifer?). Looks like you are already familiar witth the EV album, and your S10 conversion is on it's way. You probably need another project (who doesn't?), so my advice is to get busy converting that Cadet so you can tell the rest of us how to do it. 8)

Also, give a look into the DIY EV forum that I mention in the topic thread just below this one. I'm sure they would be interested, as there has been some discussion of tractor conversion recently.