Changes at Miracle Acre

When you own that piece of land that you return to occasionally. You may wish to construct an off grid dwelling. This is the place to discuss different construction methods, materials, and types. Think straw bale, earth ship, yurt, etc..

Moderator: TMAX

yugogypsy

Re: Changes at Miracle Acre

Post by yugogypsy »

Strawberries by the quart, weeds by the bucket full. The garden is doing well and so are the weeds.

It's been quite warm here the last few days so we've been taking things slowly but getting chores done.

The strawberries sure are nice in a smoothie at the end of the day and I'm enjoying them. My pear tree has 2 pears this year and I tied the branch away from the fence so the deer can't reach them.

My neighbour Andrew is growing quinoa and he doesn't have a fence so he's had a few mornings where he got up and went to water the quinoa and said "OH DEER" :(

Needless to say it looks like he'll have a very small crop of quinoa.

I have enough kale to feed an army, not only is it growing in the manure pile, it's in nearly every garden bed :shock: , time to pick some, blanch it and freeze it. :thumbup:

Money has been scarce here and Rick has been doing odd jobs for Ken, Ruth, and Jennifer so we can buy the food we don't grow.

I'm so broke because there was a big charge to have B.C. Hydro bump up the power to the house and I couldn't pay the bill all at once and pay the electrician too.

I'll get caught up soon. I'm going to have a yard sale after I clean out Pit Stop, Rick has been hoarding again. :banghead:

I'm going to be storing Rob's old Fleury motor home (the one I had Rudy post pictures of last year) so I'll have a place to hide with a book. :)

Rob is unemployed again and his step-sister is not being nice about the things he had stored at the farm. I don't know yet if I'll be storing Rob too but that has happened before! :D

I hope everyone is well and enjoying the summer.

Take Care
Cheers
Lois
Bash On Regardless!
yugogypsy

Post by yugogypsy »

Well, I'm storing Rob part of the time, but it has an advantage for me, he cooks if I buy the ingredients and then I don't have to wait hours to make supper when Rick is working.

The veg garden was a flop due to poor weather at the beginning of the season and old seeds.

Rick has sorted all our seeds and I'll have to buy some seeds and starts come spring.

It has been WET here the last few days. I doubt we'll get any trick or treaters in this weather.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!!! :)

Lois
Bash On Regardless!
yugogypsy

Post by yugogypsy »

Not much new going on here. It's been too wet to get out and clear the rest of the garden and mulch it for winter.

I have managed some house cleaning and will be doing more as my nieces are coming up to see me over the holidays.

The, "Hey I got NIECES!" still hasn't worn off, nor the fact I also have 2 nephews. I love them all and today is my eldest niece's birthday.

We are slowly getting the house back together, just have to save the money to have the bathroom done now (the original project) and get a bit more wiring straightened out. Extra breakers for power to the barn etc and I've got a bunch of things tagged into odd circuits and all that mess has to be sorted out.

Ah the joy of homeowning :(

Lois
Bash On Regardless!