incorporation..

When you own that piece of land that you return to occasionally. You may wish to construct an off grid dwelling. This is the place to discuss different construction methods, materials, and types. Think straw bale, earth ship, yurt, etc..

Moderator: TMAX

tamangel
Roving Reporter

incorporation..

Post by tamangel »

of a nice old Spartan..

A long time ago, I remember seeing an article in Popular Science or maybe Popular Mechanics on a vacation home that was, in essence, just a big garage. You would park your motorhome or trailer inside in on side, utilizing all the innards for your home away from home (kitchen/toilet/sleeping/etc..) and the other side of the garage was open, creating sort of a living area spread out, with maybe a greenhouse/many windowed free space with couches, chairs, whatever.. always thought that was a great idea..

just saw this item and thought about that one..quite alot fancier than PS/PM's design..

http://freshome.com/2013/07/20/the-loco ... er-design/

Mike W

Stealth Camper

Re: incorporation..

Post by Stealth Camper »

That's pretty cool. I have been casually looking for a Spartan for a couple years. That is good way to use one.
ol trunt

Post by ol trunt »

Wow! What a clever use of an old trailer. I tried the link when you first posted it but could not seem to get my "Comador 60" computer to hook up. Today it worked :D Thanks for the post--I'll be going back to look at it again and again. Jack
ol trunt

Post by ol trunt »

Tamangel, You've created a monster!--I can't stop going back to that trailer! I sure wish I had the bucks to do something like that! That thing is so clean, so well executed and so simple and all I can say is wow! Thanks for the post. Jack