1935 Chevy school bus

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

Stealth Camper

Re: 1935 Chevy school bus

Postby Stealth Camper » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:55 am

Photobucket finally got around to me - they sent a note saying I could not use or do 3rd party hosting with the account. So, I was able to still see pics this morning, but now there is now doubt I have to get the pics changed over to another place. Smugmug still looks pretty good, so may just be going there...if they will let me 3rd party host.

ol trunt

Postby ol trunt » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:48 pm

Photobucket--WHA!, WHA!, I'm taking my marbles and going home. Along those same lines, I discovered that Isuzu (motive force in my bus) has a proprietary code scanner requiring a special Isuzu dealer only tool. Big bucks to have the dealer do a scan etc. Today I found and bought a used Isuzu IDII 2 dealer scanner which provides licensed info and all the hook ups for my bus. Without it if The bus were to break down in the boonies I'd have to have it towed to a metropolitan area to find a dealer to do diagnostics as no other scanner can read the Isuzu codes. The little darling didn't come cheap though at $1500.

Oh well, at least now that I have it I can rest assured I'll never need it!?! Jack :lol:

ol trunt

Postby ol trunt » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:11 pm

Hello All.

Thanks to the paint shaker 4 cyl diesel and the beat up roads. I am constantly finding stress fatigued brackets and such on my little skoolie. My sharp eyed wife spotted one of the under the front fender driving lamps hanging by its wiring when we pulled into our camp site Thursday evening. Since the original 11" head lamps (despite the halogen bulbs) barely light the way 5' in front of the bus, the long range driving lamps are really a very necessary part of the equipment. Fortunately, moving the brackets to a bit more centralized location and re-welding them wasn't very difficult--but I'll keep an eye on them now.

By the way, the camp ground was at Lake Cachuma, Ca about 14 miles from Solvang, Ca. The weather was beautiful and the lake was nearly full. 'Twas the first time out for more than an overnight since Yosemite in May--I really need to get out more often. Jack

tango

Postby tango » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:50 am

Sounds like a most excellent outing Jack --- And great that you caught the fracture before something fell off. But...you know the rules...no pix = it didn't happen. And screw the PhotoSuckit extortionists! I have been with Flickr for years and have zero complaints.

somewhereinusa

Postby somewhereinusa » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:55 am

Jack,
You really should make the trip to Indiana for the bus boys rally. You would fit right in. I think your neighbor is coming.

Return to “Housebuses & Housetrucks”