1935 Chevy school bus

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

Stealth Camper

Re: 1935 Chevy school bus

Post by Stealth Camper »

Geez....fun times at the tire shop! I cringe every time!

Can hardly wait to get to work on the front two wheels on my bus. I bought some replacement Dayton wheels so I can use 22.5" tires, but the old ones are split rims and I really don't want that excitement. I think I will just loosen everything up, stand way to the side with a long bar, and try to pry them off. Should go approximately straight out from the side of the bus and since there will be a 10 acre field for it to fly at, I am hoping to avoid major impact issues.
ol trunt

Post by ol trunt »

Hello All.
We finally got tired of lighting the stove burners on the Magic Chef stove with a match or a spark wand. The matches are scary and wifey's hands aren't strong to make the spark lighter work which results in a BIG whoosh when she finally does. My hands are too strong and I keep snapping off the business end of the lighter--luckily I had a can of bondo and found a pop top for a repair or our meals would have been cold on the last camp out.

That said, I scouted the Depot and Lowe's BBQ section to see how their BBQs electric lighters worked and pieced together a spark generator and a pack of igniters on ebay. The total cost was less than twenty bucks and my MacGyvered system lights with a snap!
Jack

Image.

Image.
stuartcnz
Site Admin

Post by stuartcnz »

Thanks for this update! It never occurred to me that you could retrofit a piezio ignition system to a stove.
Stealth Camper

Post by Stealth Camper »

That is pretty cool!
ol trunt

Post by ol trunt »

Actually I didn't use a piezio igniter but rather an electronic igniter which uses a battery to charge up (and discharge) a small coil to produce the spark. The one I used can fire 6 electrodes simultaneously and having only used 5 I thought I might use the sixth as a deterrent on the entry door. Ha.
Jack