Tiny house on a trailer

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

Stealth Camper

Re: Tiny house on a trailer

Post by Stealth Camper »

Dennis The Bus Dweller wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:51 am No real snow on this end. I got a couple of offers on my Maine property but still to low. I'm hopping soon someone will ring the minimum 46k bell :P

Looks like we are gonna try east TN again next week. Still cold and rainy but no blizzards! Driveways have been washed out all along the road we are traveling though so that may be more exciting.
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

Hey there stealthy, I finely sold my tract up in Maine but I wont be seeing the money until around the end of February. I just missed out on this tract which I felt was a pretty good deal. If you happened to hear of or come across any property similar let me know or fire a link to my email denniskerninc@gmil.com . check this out. https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/Ball ... t9u1_34dhh
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
Stealth Camper

Post by Stealth Camper »

Dennis The Bus Dweller wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:32 am Hey there stealthy, I finely sold my tract up in Maine but I wont be seeing the money until around the end of February. I just missed out on this tract which I felt was a pretty good deal. If you happened to hear of or come across any property similar let me know or fire a link to my email denniskerninc@gmil.com . check this out. https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/Ball ... t9u1_34dhh

Have not had a chance to look at it yet. Will try to this evening. But I noticed that one is near Tennessee Hickory Products. If you even need handles for pretty much anything, they are inn Loudon, TN. I spend the year making a list of what I need or will need and then we make the trip to go bet them at the factory! Usually they are willing to let you look around - "tour" - the place. Smells great! And prices are reasonable enough to make it worth my while for the detour!

https://tennesseehickory.com/
Stealth Camper

Post by Stealth Camper »

Dennis The Bus Dweller wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:32 am Hey there stealthy, I finely sold my tract up in Maine but I wont be seeing the money until around the end of February. I just missed out on this tract which I felt was a pretty good deal. If you happened to hear of or come across any property similar let me know or fire a link to my email denniskerninc@gmil.com . check this out. https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/Ball ... t9u1_34dhh

Just got back from 2 weeks of probate stuff in TN. If one should ever want to get back at their kids , leaving without a will is probably the best "paybacks" ever devised by human beings!

That is a pretty place. Still close enough to Knox and Maryville, etc for medical if needed. There is huge turmoil over east TN right now in the rural regions. Up by Big South Fork (BSF), I have seen land for $2,000 an acre and $4,000 an acre and asking $20,000 an acre! There are so very BIG mansions - not just McMansions! - going in around there! It is truly psychotic right now! East of BSF is scorching hot area, while just a little bit west, maybe around Allardt and Armathwaite seems a little more calm.

I guess the Grimsley area did work out? Biggest problem I can see with all of the above areas is the absolute medical care desert they are in! Not really sure what I would recommend - I am more familiar with areas I would NOT recommend! I like Clinton, Oak Ridge. Gentrified almost to death though!

Coal Creek, aka Lake City, aka Rocky Top has some beautiful areas but man what a meth mess in some of that area!

Jacksboro, LaFollette, etc - also pretty but getting further away. It is a pretty straight run down I-75 to Tennova North and Tennova Turkey Creek, etc. LaFollette has a Tennova hospital but neither I nor family have never had any experience with it. I don't mean to keep harping about health system stuff - your priorities for a place are your own but just want you to have what little info I do know...

Bottom line for me and SWMBO - we love the place and have a land presence, but will never move there. The changes are just to wrenching for us.