Make a book

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

stuartcnz
Site Admin

Post by stuartcnz »

Rudy,
My macbook makes PDF files easily from Sharkey's new print friendly version. I've just made a PDF of the first page of the Blue Bird story which came out at 20 print pages. I'll convert the rest to PDF then email them to you in a couple of hours.
stuartcnz
Site Admin

Post by stuartcnz »

Well I managed to create all of the PDF's really quick and easy and assembled them into a file to email, but my normal email client (Microsoft Entourage) requires me to install Aladdin Stuffit software, which comes at a price. So I then tried attaching it to Opera's email client and had no problems but the size of each file was between about 5 and 12MB each. so I didn't email them.

I can put it onto a CD and post it if you want, but I will be out of town during the week, so won't be able to send it for about seven days. Let me know if you want me to, and I will do it when I get back. The PDF files are already created so it won't be a problem to do.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Thanks Stuart, I think that mailing a CD would be the best thing because emailing many megabytes of stuff would be time consuming for both of us. Whenever you have time for that project will be fine. Rudy
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

OK, glad to see that my modifications are going to get at least one use.

Since I can't leave well enough alone, I've slightly changed the apperance of the Printer View link. It's no longer an icon of a printer, but a text link at the top and bottom right of each page. I wasn't all that happy about the way that the additional icon affected the page layout.
GoodClue

Book ...

Post by GoodClue »

Hi all,
I paste Print Screen clipboard files into PhotoPaint, crop out all unwanted material ... borders, frames, text, ads, etc ... say, all I want is the image ... works beautifully ...

Save the CROPPED image as a jpg and use it with your PDF text files, would let you capture any and all photos from the blog ...

But you DO have to paste into an image editing program ... to EDIT OUT ALL UNWANTED INFO BY CROPPING ... you do not need to print the whole page.

Here are 4 Print Screen jpgs, two from Sharkey's ...

Here's a larger Print Screen of the blog ...

Glad Sharkey and stuartcnz are working with you, good luck on your project.
Doug