Greg

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

dadeo

Greg

Post by dadeo »

Sharky,
In the Bus Barn you say most of the pictures are from Greg. I'm curious who this is and if maybe they have a huge cache of photos and should make a school bus conversion book?
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

Greg is the former owner of Greg's 1951 White Super Power. This bus was the subject of some conversation here in the forum a few months back.

I scanned most all of Greg's album of trucks and buses and have presented them in the Bus Barn for the last 12 years. I don't see why anyone would pay to purchase a book of photos that they can look at for free on this site. Also, Greg's camera was not very sophisticated, so the images aren't all that book-worthy in the first place.

If you want to know who has enough photos for a book, that's Roger, he has a book's worth of material that didn't go into his "first" book. If you want to see these photos published. then scurry around and find buyer for the 1,800 or so books that Roger is sitting on, maybe we could convince him to do another.
dadeo

Post by dadeo »

I think I could get a couple sold for him; the librarys around here are pretty cool, I even found a copy of Roll Your Own in one of them! I could suggest they buy copy. I remember looking all over for old bus conversion books back in the day, maybe there are others on the search
Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

It's not uncommon to see someone post on this or other site's that there first exposure came from one of the early books on the subject. That exposure usually breeds inspiration, resulting in a build of their own.

For me it was a little different, I didn't know those books existed until I visited this site, in fact I had no idea that there was a bunch of "nut jobs" like me in the world. That's why I am a firm believer of visiting this thread http://www.mrsharkey.com/forum/donate.php?t=537 just to make sure sure this site stays around for awhile, free from the advertising puke the plagues most other sites.

Here is another resource in case you missed it. http://www.mrsharkey.com/busbarn/reviews.htm

Chuck
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Chuck, Thanks for the link to Sharkey's book reviews. They are great.
Got love? Give love.