post a pic

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

Mark B

Post by Mark B »

Rudy wrote:Mark, I am glad that you have a working knowledge of this photo posting as well. I only know what I have used for my postings. I am sure there are many ways to do it. I often get stuck with methods that may not be the easiest. Thanks for helping out.
Rudy,

No sweat, glad to help. The thing you have to remember is; you really aren’t posting pics to this site. You’re only posting a live link. Think of it as a window to a window.

Mark
Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

Mark,
The way Rudy is describing how to post a pic is correct, it is the same way you are doing it.
What he is suggesting is the correct size for message boards is 640x480.
He is not suggesting redundant posting, but if someone posts the pic larger or smaller than 640x480 by mistake, it can be corrected using the "edit post" button at the top right corner of your post.

Who is hosting the pic is not in question here, Sharkey does not host ANY pics we post, so we can't bog down his site. What we can do is disturb the formatting of forum, by posting a pic larger than 640x480. Doing so will cause us to scroll back and forth for the entire thread, not just where one pic was posted too large by mistake.
We all want to see the largest photo possible without screwing up the format. That size is 640x480

Chuck
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

Don't forget that ALL photos are appreciated.... 8)

The reason that this site doesn't host user photos is that I am sharing hosting with several corporate websites, and it was made very clear to me from the beginning that I was not to engage in any activity that might compromise the rest of the server. There are so many hackers and bots constantly attempting to do code injections and run database and software exploits that I have been reluctant to add a "gallery" function to the forum for fear that it would weaken security on the entire server and result in a disruption of the other sites which are considered essential to their owners commerce. Hence, no uploads. Sorry.
Mark B

Post by Mark B »

Jones'n4chrome wrote:Mark,
The way Rudy is describing how to post a pic is correct, it is the same way you are doing it.
What he is suggesting is the correct size for message boards is 640x480.
He is not suggesting redundant posting, but if someone posts the pic larger or smaller than 640x480 by mistake, it can be corrected using the "edit post" button at the top right corner of your post.

Who is hosting the pic is not in question here, Sharkey does not host ANY pics we post, so we can't bog down his site. What we can do is disturb the formatting of forum, by posting a pic larger than 640x480. Doing so will cause us to scroll back and forth for the entire thread, not just where one pic was posted too large by mistake.
We all want to see the largest photo possible without screwing up the format. That size is 640x480

Chuck
Chuck,

I’m not arguing the photo size, I’m not arguing who hosts what. I’m not arguing, period.

What I am saying is; there is no need to edit your post on Mr Sharkey’s site. Simply resize your photo in whatever host site you are using and you are done.

In my example, I never touched the post except to copy the thread URL to this one so you could see. The only thing I did was resize the second picture within MY host site, which happens to be photobucket. I guarantee you that tinypics works the same way.

Just trying to save you steps. Feel free to work it however you see fit.

Mark
Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

Mark,
Oh, I see. You are saying you can edit an existing photo in Photobucket?
Or do you have to upload the same pic to the new size?
I will go try it on Tinypic now.
Thanks.

Chuck
peter frost

Post by peter frost »

I'm glad it doesn't effect the subsequent pages like this one.
I'm followin you guys with all this just time availability, I got 9 puppies , 9 weeks ol one is cripple at the moment, the mom's daying of cancer and I hve 5 other danes. Not to menton .....life,lol
An ex-girlfriend who won't quit, and she has mollions so it ma take a while.
I still haven't gtten to gardening but lucky we're in a drought
So I think I gotta take the urlform here to tnypicks to even fnd them to resize themif Iremmber to look before I post I can resize in paintshop pro.
I lost my old ACDSee when my hard drive crashed last year.
Hey Sharky my little brothe is in cyber security for big corporations down in the Bay Area.
ok here goes..
Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

Mark,
I tried it on the bottom pic of this page http://www.mrsharkey.com/forum/vwtp.php ... &&start=15
It did not change size yet, I will check it later.

Chuck
peter frost

Post by peter frost »

Jones'n4chrome wrote:
peter frost wrote:interior at one point..hmmm I wonder if I can do an album this way?
instead of one at a time....
interior

Hi Peter,
Very nice truck. I like it. Is that a later model Chevy chassis?
You can add several pics to each post, and text in between each pic if you want to.
If you want to change the size of the photo's to 640x480 just click on the "edit" button at the top right of each post.

Does anyone know if 640x480 can be set as a default on Tinypic?
peter frost

Post by peter frost »

Jones'n4chrome wrote:
peter frost wrote:interior at one point..hmmm I wonder if I can do an album this way?
instead of one at a time....
interior

Hi Peter,
Very nice truck. I like it. Is that a later model Chevy chassis?
You can add several pics to each post, and text in between each pic if you want to.
If you want to change the size of the photo's to 640x480 just click on the "edit" button at the top right of each post.

Does anyone know if 640x480 can be set as a default on Tinypic?
Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

Hi Peter, If you want to reply to me, click the "quote" button, then just type below the quote in the text box. You can click "edit post" and delete the other post if you want.

Chuck
peter frost

Post by peter frost »

well ok got the page size back to your format, deleted all the pictures too ig can't find them on tinypicks to change them so I'll just do it later on the other thred where I strted load them cronologically.
Now off to the vet.
Mark B

Post by Mark B »

I tried it on the bottom pic of this page http://www.mrsharkey.com/forum/vwtp.php ... &&start=15

Chuck
Chuck,

You have to log off this site and back on before YOU can see the change. I see the pics as 300x225

Mark
peter frost

Post by peter frost »

Mark B wrote:

Chuck
Chuck,

You have to log off this site and back on before YOU can see the change.

Mark
it all popped back into the usual columns size as soon as I deleted the large pics.
Sorry guys didn't mean to upset the ship.
Mark B

Post by Mark B »

OK, going to try this myself. I set up a tinypic acct. I'm posting this at the correct size. I will then log out, go back to tiny pic, resize the pic and log in.

OK, I’m going to do something here that I rarely do and that is to eat crow.

I see what the difference is. In Photobucket, when you edit a picture, you have the choice to save the original picture as edited, or to save a copy.

Tinypics uses the same software that Photobucket uses, but it does not give you the option of saving the edited version. It only allows you to save a copy which means, as Rudy correctly stated, you have to edit your post and change the code to that of the copy. Rudy, I humbly beg your forgiveness. Dang it, I was getting pretty cocky when I saw the software was the same as Photobuckets. My bubble sure did burst when I went to save it, though.

Mark
Mark B

Post by Mark B »

Here is what photobuckets edit screen looks like:

Mark