Bob's Machine

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

Sounds like a nice gig for 5 months. Just enough time to get the itch for the road again.
Will there be ay tourney's near there?
Bob

Post by Bob »

If there are and I am free to go...I am in! Might be a little pool in South tahoe....then there is always Reno.
Wherever I am...I am home.
Bob

Post by Bob »

Here is an update that I am VERY pleased to report!
While staying in Parker Az I decided to upgrade all of my solar charging wires to 8-gauge. It was a big job. All the panels had to be removed in order to get to the wiring boxes...I also had to run the charging wires inside the coach to a new charging meter area for controler and meters, then under the coach all the way back to the battery bank.
After many months of low voltage and having to run the generator just to keep the batteries charged I am VERY happy to report that I once again have power plus! I am still running 6 golf cart batteries..as per Sharkey I had planned on changing to only 4 batteries soon...but everything is working so well and they are fully charged now by the crack of noon, that I may just let it alone for now. If it works...dont fix it. I would rather add one more panel this summer to the system
Bear in mind that I am a bit of a night owl and running computers, lights, tv's, and everything else into the wee morning hours is not a problem once again! :D
Wherever I am...I am home.