1958 Crown for sale

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

That might be it back when it was in service, but when I saw it on Craigslist it was tan/brown, and super clean. I don't have any pics.
Chuck
mokibrabrant

Post by mokibrabrant »

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/crowncoac ... 2/pic/list

I have tried to post the pictures of the Crown in question. I don't know whether you will be able to access these. I know I have sent pics I have posted using the above technique, and they have been visible to others I have "mailed" them to: but At least I tried. Aloha Moki.........as Earthworms states..........it appears to be a very sweet Crown. [/b]
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

Following that link returns this:
Yahell! wrote:Log In
Don't have a Yahoo! ID?

Signing up is easy.
Already have a Yahoo! ID?

Sign in.
Are you protected?
Create your sign-in seal. (Why?)
Yahoo! ID:

(e.g. free2rhyme@yahoo.com)
Password:
The Crown Rudy posted is one that Buslady used to drive in fleet service, I don't think it's the bus we are talking about.
mokibrabrant

Post by mokibrabrant »

Alright I down loaded 4 shots from the site and I'll see if I can get the images in here:
Also.........I spent a great deal of time reading through the posts by Sharkey regarding the the "hell" that he has endured throughout the past few years as the result of a Real Estate transaction gone Very Badly.

Like Death there is little I can say that will soothe the torment these "kind of things" provide. And it is easy to tell someone what they don't want to hear. Namely how the whole thing could have been avoided. The journey in to would have, should have, and could have........is a journey Mr. Sharkey has already been on and that is part of the pain. Outside of the actual financial consequences.

I was a Real Estate Broker for 10 years in California so I have a bit of "understanding" as to the dynamics, emotions, and as well the consequences of poorly constructed and onerous contracts. Throw in the failings of character that are manifest by our fellow "humans"...well things can get pretty funky.........as appears to be the case here. So the old adage of "live and learn" though applicable also rings Hollow. And there will of course be those fatalists who always manage to through some act of insidious faith to reconstruct the most terrible of events and manage a possible positive slant: no matter how horrible at the time.

Reminds me of the story of the guy who had forgotten to "block" the rear tires of his Crown, and while attempting to replace the radiator cap the Bus began to Roll Down a slight embankment. As he sought to escape the Crown rolled over his left arm rendering it useless. However, even in great pain, He realized his precious Crown was about to Roll over this embankment into the Ravine: In a effort to prevent this, using all his strength he threw himself in front of the Coach, and braced himself in an effort to stop the Runaway Crown. This of Course was a failed endeavor: The Crown only began to gain speed, thus momentum, and he was subsequently rolled under the Bus, and when he regained consciousness some five days later found that to save his life, Doctors had amputated both his arms and legs. In pain, emotionally distraught and entertaining various means of ending his life he endured the first months. Began to heal, went through physio, and began to have a semblance of a normal life. Seven years later a TV station got wind of the story; the perseverance and strength and the challenges endured, they thought would make a great Human Interest Story.

Cameras were set-up, a little make-up applied, the satellite truck was on the stree beaming the story to the world. The interview was pretty pro forma: replete with the recounting of hurdles and obstacles to recovery. but the line that was instructive is when the armless, legless man was asked, "how have you managed to overcome these terrible injuries?" Whereby the former Crown owner replied. "It really was one of the best things that ever happened to me, for if it hadn't been for this accident, on that day, I would have never learned to play Piano with my Penis."

And so it goes. The ability of man to suffer any how with a Why. So no Wisdom from this end to Mr. Sharkey....some condolences and some wish for Peace........and the knowledge that this too shall pass....Aloha Moki

earthhorns

Post by earthhorns »

I am unable to upload photos of the bus. It is the tan one with brown stripes that Chuck mentioned he saw on Craig's list. Yes, it is a super clean bus, and was hard to part with. However, I chose to buy the 66 high roof crown for the head space, as I could not bear to think of cutting on the 58 to raise the roof...that would be a shame.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Wow, This '58 Crown sure is an elusive bus. I would also like to see some photos. I have tried to find them to no avail.
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

Well, I guess that the silver lining under my dark cloud is that I have been screwed so often that I can now rent my asshole out as a railroad tunnel... :D
Forgottenhighway

Post by Forgottenhighway »

I now have a new mental image for "tickling the ivories" :D
Cheers,Pat
Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

Here are the pics. I'm sure if it will work?
Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

I guess not.
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

No, you can't expect images to work if you have "Disable BBCode in this post" checked...
Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

I see that now. Thank you.
Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

Thanks Sharkey, For a minute there I thought I heard your horse talking, I was freaking out! :shock:
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

"Hello, I'm Ms. ED"

No, I have a second account that ~used~ to be named after an ex-girlfriend. I got tired of seeing her name, so I renamed her account and gave it admin rights. I log in with it occasionally and forget when I post....
tjontour

i own the 58 crown

Post by tjontour »

and im happier than a pig in shit.
wood stove first, solar panels, poker tables, yehaa,