help...

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

Capttrips25

help...

Post by Capttrips25 »

OK, I post this everywhere so one more place shouldn't make much waves.

I am the owner/builder of "Willow" (the Ken Kesey tribute bus).
With the help of Zane Kesey I am now working on a 1947 IH KB7 and replicating "Further" in as much detail as I can.
I need parts, pieces, or busses for the project. If ya can help or know were anything I can use is please let me know.

Next, I found a diesel flat-nose pusher that the old guy who owns it whats to get rid of for 200 bucks. He says it runs but needs a battery. Its worth looking at but I have no need for something that darn big so I'll pass on the tip here.

Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

Hi Matt, good hearing from you again, glad to see that the Further East project is moving forward.

So far, traffic on the forum is light-to non-existant, but you might want to post a couple of threads in the Buy/Sell/Trade section with subject lines describing the buses, 1947 IH parts needed and another with the make and model of the $200 flat nose. If things pick up here, there might actually be a chance someone will see them.

Also, this week is the third anniversary of Kesey's ultimate (and final) prank. Although there are no links to the pages from my site, I do maintain a few archives of news articles from that time: http://www.mrsharkey.com/busbarn/kesey/nov11.htm

I always get a little sad this time of year.

BTW, this image makes great desktop wallpaper. That shirt is hypnotic!