Power Wagon Bus Photo

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

dburt

Post by dburt »

Chuck- This bus might be the one exception to the rule "you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear" although it might cost you a king's ransom to do it! :)
Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

dburt wrote:Chuck- This bus might be the one exception to the rule "you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear" although it might cost you a king's ransom to do it! :)
I know, I had those same axles in my 46 dodge bus.
I still owe Sharkey and Dennis some pics of that bus.

Chuck
splummer

Post by splummer »

chuck i think you know what i think about this bus.
splummer

Post by splummer »

looks to me , a m37 with civvy fenders , not sure of the coach builder,on a duece frame, sounds real wild, chuck is this yours or someone you know. i like it, i have an extra duece frame sitting here
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Steve's Deuce.

Got love? Give love.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

A Dodge. I don't know if this one is a Power Wagon.

Got love? Give love.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Here are 2 Power Wagon pics.

Got love? Give love.
William Biffwinkle

Post by William Biffwinkle »

That camo bus is real cool. Do you know the history of it? Looks like that roof would stay real cool in hot weather.

I had a dodge-lodge motorhome with a real similar cab. I really loved that old boat. Painted it camo also but don't have any pics. Used to spend weekends down on Zuma beach in it when I was young and single....
Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

William Biffwinkle wrote:That camo bus is real cool. Do you know the history of it? Looks like that roof would stay real cool in hot weather.

I had a dodge-lodge motorhome with a real similar cab. I really loved that old boat. Painted it camo also but don't have any pics. Used to spend weekends down on Zuma beach in it when I was young and single....
Yeah right, you call 6 to 10 people stuffed in the lodge SINGLE?....WHATEVER. :lol:

It's the same year as your Dodge-Lodge. It looks like a W-500 chassis.
William Biffwinkle

I think the only time I had 10 people in there was when the beach police were doing a beer/pot raid.......well, maybe one time at a "V" run......my memory is hazy though.....

I sure would love to have a bus like that, though. But I have gotten this wayne right down on the sand at the resevoir. And got it out with out being yanked. (No m-37s or deuce and 1/2s up here that I know of for yankage...) so maybe for what I will be doing a 4x4 bus isn't needed....that thing is just pure cool. (318 truck motor?)
Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

Ted,

I think I have a few pics of the Dodge-Lodge, as I recall I took them before you added the final color. (flat black) Anyhow, I bet Brian has a bucket load of pics from back then, I will see if he can dig them up.
Remember how many cool vehicles everyone was driving back then.
In the pic Rudy just posted for Steve, that town wagon has a Poly head 318 engine, same as the one in your Dodge.

Chuck
splummer

Post by splummer »

chuck i do belive that is on a w 500 chassis, cool bus,the blue dodge is a 62 dodge town wagon with POLY 318, looks fifernt now , only better, and the army green is a 41 dodge wc 1 the engine is a 6 cylinder 251 flathead spitfire .
William Biffwinkle

Thanks Chuck,

pics would be cool. wish i had interior pics also....

That 318 was a torq-y son of a gun. I don't know if you were with me the time I bet keith I could start it in third gear with the clutch out and no gas (canyon country) he lost. That thing lurched about 5 times, caught, bogged way down and then grunted up to an idle....The starter seemed like it was geared real low and that 318 motor ALWAYS fired right away so I thought it a good gamble.
Jerry Campbell

Post by Jerry Campbell »

This is a drawing of a 1945 Dodge military rig with a civilian body and extended frame. 2 1/2 ton I believe. I'm not sure how many lives it had before I got it in 1973. It has a 251 Chrysler Industrial flathead 6. Top speed 45 mph. It took 6 months to get across country and back. Never had a starter, always hand cranked her over. Always started the first time. Except for the time I ran out of gas in the middle of an intersection in Boise, Id.. I was so stoned I forgot to leave some gas for the carburetor. I must have cranked for 10 minutes. Afraid the cops would show any minute. When she finally started I heard the roar of a crowd and looked up to see a crowd on each corner. I bowed and made a hasty retreat. Hard to beat the old dodges for tough.
Jerry

splummer

Post by splummer »

i can crank my 47 power wagon , i have the crank but not the energy, i did crank start it many years ago , if my memory serves me right it did start right up