Dusty's Bus

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

ol trunt

Re: Dusty's Bus

Post by ol trunt »

Hey Dusty, sorry about the terrible 3's. Hope you stay better now! Jack
Stealth Camper

Post by Stealth Camper »

Ouch! Hope you heal up quickly!
somewhereinusa

Post by somewhereinusa »

Wow, hope the stroke didn't put you too far out of things. Still, progress is progress. Got my heart attack over with when I was 40.
ol trunt

Post by ol trunt »

Hey Dusty. I'm on my way for a short camp out in the company of a friend who camps out of a 1950 Chevy PU with an aluminum shell. Anyway, it made me think of you so I thought I'd just check in to see how all is going. Give me a shout when you get the chance. Jack
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

Thanks for your thoughts guys , it's taken me a year and a half to get back to sorta ok . Everything is really slow to achieve now , new normal .

But what has happened to this site ? all my pics are gone and I only got on here via jacks post (re Ol'Trunt) or is that Tiny Pic gone off the rails .....
58 Bedford House
stuartcnz
Site Admin

Post by stuartcnz »

First I have seen of the tinypic problem, so don't know what has happened there.
The forum is also having technical difficulties (unrelated) which may persist for awhile. Awaiting a new software release to fix, so don't know when.
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

Thanks Stuart , I see now that Tinypic have packed their bags and left the building .

It's going to take me years to find and replace all those images ..................... :(
Last edited by Dusty on Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
58 Bedford House
ol trunt

Post by ol trunt »

So glad to see you up and about! I'll take a quick look to see if my pics are still extant. Take all the time you need but please re-post all those great pics from your past posts! Jack
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

So we've been thru lockdown , came out of it ok , had another (slightly less restrictive ) resurgence , but still looking ok .

Got to go to a vintage meet this morning , we are supposed to keep to less than 100 people , so we spread out :) :) lovely sunny morning and excellent company and a great selection of cars . (I took the truck camper)

I got a bit keen and took a couple of batteries out to the bus .
It has been several (8 ?) years since the FE6 was installed and I have procrastinated over several things that needed doing . Today I fluffed about with the batteries , got some cables hooked up , shifted the P/S reservior off the fan blades , pondered how to determine which orientation the fuel shutoff should be ( no idea!) gently flashed the power wire for the starter soleniod on the battery VROOOM , bloody thing started . Bit of a cloud of blue , then settled down to a healthy roar . Forgot I had hooked up the fast idle cable LOL , tuned that down to a lovely lope . :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

What a way to get enthused again .
58 Bedford House
ol trunt

Post by ol trunt »

Hi Dusty! Glad to hear from you and to see you getting back into the swing of things. Cool about the instant start up!

We are packing the bus for an over night campout at a local county park tomorrow. Being mid week I doubt there will be many others so I hope we can stay one step ahead of cv 19.

As we age in we all get hit with set-backs. My wife and I have agreed to just consider each jab as the new reality and to just get on with life as positively as possible. Looks like you subscribe to the same philosophy.

Did you have any luck with your pictures? I sure enjoyed looking at your beautiful vehicles and the fine scenery of your homeland.
Jack
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

Jack , I will have to find a web site to host my pics, if I am to be able to post any more on this forum (it needs to be a free service for me to cope :) )

I really hope Stuart is able to find an update that allows direct download to the forum .
58 Bedford House
ol trunt

Post by ol trunt »

Dusty, after photobucket went pay only I began using Postimage which has remained free. You might want to take a look at it.
https://postimages.org
Jack