post a pic

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

peter frost

Post by peter frost »

Another thing is the files I have on my trucks are from a 38 year span so the formats are, from SX70 Poloriods, to 126, 33mm, digital, old photos scanned on 10 years of different computer equiptment, sofware, etc. etc.

But my first 1929 chevy I got the summer right out of high school and it was a flat bed, no engine, seat windows etc, a shell and frame. But had an old bed I paced out that night I first saw it on the end of a string of used cars next to a creek that devided San Carlos and Redwood City.

I knew that night I would build a house on the truck and not pay rent.
Idealistic kid.
from that to this has been a long strange trip
peter frost

Post by peter frost »

2 questions
1. is that sculpture a statement in Americian canoe waste, I mean did they waste NEW canoes to do that? Has society gone that far into ethnocentric art/waste?
2. ok question/guess....minnisota? 10,000 lakes?, Alaska? Seattle? Vancouver? oh! PORTLAND,lol
Mark B

Post by Mark B »

peter frost wrote:2 questions
1. is that sculpture a statement in Americian canoe waste, I mean did they waste NEW canoes to do that? Has society gone that far into ethnocentric art/waste?
2. ok question/guess....minnisota? 10,000 lakes?, Alaska? Seattle? Vancouver? oh! PORTLAND,lol
Not even close: Las Vegas, the capital of excess and waste.

The canoes all looked pretty new, but it was a mix and match of types and sizes.

Mark
peter frost

Post by peter frost »

LMFAO no shit! yea Lake Mead of course. Yea Lost Wages, would never have guessed. I mean the tide has only been out for a million years ;)
Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

Peter,
That is a real cool pic of the puppies, do you breed dog also?

Chuck
peter frost

Post by peter frost »

Yea actually I have Great Dane/English Mastiffs, 5 adults one 10 month old and 9 puppies 9 weeks old
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

Cripes :shock: what's the weight rating on that bridge :shock: :roll:

:D :D :D
58 Bedford House
Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

Awesome pics! You have quite a family there. Are you keeping the pups, or did you breed to sell them?
Those dogs on the bridge are bigger than Sharkeys horse.
peter frost

Post by peter frost »

don't worry bout the bridge I could put all 15 dogs on there no problem, it's a D-9 track, welded and laid out with ohia wood.
bolted on with 1" stainless steel bolts
peter frost

Post by peter frost »

Jones'n4chrome wrote:Awesome pics! You have quite a family there. Are you keeping the pups, or did you breed to sell them?
Those dogs on the bridge are bigger than Sharkeys horse.
there are a few for sale mostly I breed for my self
1k-2k depending on the pup and the buyer's circumstances, I give discount to those with lots of space.
Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

Peter,
I really enjoy your creativity. Also the use of colors and textures, in the things you build.
Thank you for sharing all these photos with us, it is like opening a time capsule of art.

Chuck
peter frost

Post by peter frost »

Jones'n4chrome wrote:Peter,
I really enjoy your creativity. Also the use of colors and textures, in the things you build.
Thank you for sharing all these photos with us, it is like opening a time capsule of art.
no problema
peter frost

Post by peter frost »

the fire place is just a dog space because it never get cold enough to do fire in the house, have 8 foot fire pit/rigng off the back lanai so it's really all about the hearth.
This is a floor I did in another's house 10 years ago, my last out of house job, she burned me.
and you can't do this on the road
this my bed platform, is a 4 poster ohia log bed, the mattress sit suspended from the post on a chain net, with a sheet of plywood on it, rides like a magic carpet in to dreamland..
this is a recycled header I used for the main beam on my back lanai/porch
Bar close up, Koa, Mango and Ohia prdominately, some purpleheart, canary and zebra woods on the bar.
A monkey pod slab I picked up for 10. bucks is one bathroom counter
I guess you can say lately my forte is in the lamination of naturally colored woods for this effect, this was a lady's mom's table that had the veneer peeling off the top so I cut out the junk wood kept the frame and solid base and filled in with good wood for another 50-100 years.
ok one more cause I gotta keep going to tinypics to format em and get the url
Ok my front door before I put my grandma's glass knob on it, so this has got to be an old pic, it's mango, koa and ohia the 3 trees the I have the most of growing on my aina,(land).
in over 10 tear in this house no one has ever knocked that door knocker.The greenman gets no useage.
well gotta get back to those pups,
anyone interested in a Great Dane/English Mastiff for your bus? No seriously they ball up like a donut and I traveled cross country with one on my bench seat of my truck. And not to mention all over Europe with one too.
anyway gotta go...laters. oh and I hope this all come out good I don't have time to proof read, wish me luck here goes submit.
dburt

Post by dburt »

Love the picture of the pups feeding! And I like the brindle colored one with the bird on it's back! :)

I hate to guess what it costs to feed that crew :roll:
peter frost

Post by peter frost »

hundred a month, but that's pretty good for such good security, keys are in my vehicles, doors unlocked all the time, windows open all the time, gate's locked but no worries about tresspassers unless they're lookin to be drawn and quartered, or eighthed!

Sardonyx has the bird on his butt, Nani. Now she trus :lol: ted me a hell of a lot to calmly go on the Sardonyx. And Sardonyx trusts me completely that this bird isn't gonna take a hunk out of his ass. Once they were settled with each other they stayed like that for several shots.
Nani had a brain fart and died a few months later but Sardonyx is the studman who made the pups. Proud papa