New Life!

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

Granny

Post by Granny »

Luke brought by the items, wonderful fun things - let me say. They are much appreciated. I am looking forward to getting started on the bus. We had a great visit, showed him a few of my projects (bored him to tears, actually), and I wanted to give him a great big thank you.
splummer

Post by splummer »

thats great , ypu guys met. iam sure you did not bore him. you both seem very interesting and talented people.
just because you ride the bus , it doesnt make you a bus person
the bus stopped and i got on and thats how it all began
Granny

Post by Granny »

One of these days, I'm going to have to get caught up with new photos. I was just gifted with some more "goodies" for my bus. I just acquired an old 1910 trash burner wood stove - yes, it needs some work inside, it needs the fire box re-built. I was also given some really nice cupboards for the bathroom, one for the sink to sit on, the other for over the top of the sink. I haven't even started with the installation of any of this yet, just getting stuff together (I still have a little more demolition to do first).
wstcstslider

Post by wstcstslider »

You didn't bore me at all. I always love to see what creative people are getting into. It gets my wheels turnin.

Gathering supplies is one of the biggest steps. It sounds like you are well on your way.
Granny

Post by Granny »

Here is a picture of the cook top I was given. It needs :shock: washed.

This ceramic clock was painted and finished when I was in H.S. It sits on my mantle, but the picture of it there wouldn't turn out, so I had to move it to any area with more light. Yep, the date on the bottom shows '78. I think I'll have to pack this up, as it wouldn't be too safe in the bus.

Yes, some of these have nothing to do with buses. Here is a sample of some of my wood working to share. It is too rainy to take things outside for photos, and too dark inside to get good pictures. I will try remembering to get better pictures and replace these some day.

I have made myself a cedar chest, night stand, shelf, mirrors and things - out of maple. Much of it is already packed away because of me moving. My night stand is still out because 1) I need it, 2) it will be going in the bus with me.

Here is my stool I made for the back porch of the bus. It isn't painted yet.
Last edited by Granny on Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Ginger, I rotated the photo of your cabinet in Picasa. It is the program I use for uploading pics from my camera to the computer. Nice work on that cabinet.

Got love? Give love.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Ginger, Cool stool. Very cool
Got love? Give love.
Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

Nice work Ginger. You certainly are multi talented.
Granny

Post by Granny »

Thanks for the compliments. I had been thinking about adding arms and a beverage holder to the stool. However, it is heavy enough already, so I decided I can weld a beverage holder to the railing on the porch if I so choose. It would have been nice if I had gotten some sturdy but smaller springs, to mount the back onto the stool with. Then I could have "reclined" in it, and put my feet up on the railing across from me. Oh well, we make do with what we've got to work with.
William Biffwinkle

Post by William Biffwinkle »

Cool stool Granny...it reminds me of those old stag horn chairs where the horns all interlock.....
You cannot make a sow's ear out of a silk purse either.....but has anyone really tried to do both?

now heer in biffwinkleville we make deep fried DEEserts outa sows ears......an thayr ain't nuthin' stoopider lookin' than'n earless pig....
Granny

Post by Granny »

I've been busy making more stuff for my bus.
Here is my coat/hat rack.

Here's another chair I'm working on. I thought Ted might like this one, as he was interested in the other one :D .

This one isn't done yet, the back isn't attached, just "standing" there for the photo. I'm still working to get the other one all painted. If I'd finish one project before working on another, or the weather would cooperate, I might have it done to share a finished picture of it. :shock:
graydawg

UGLY OLD RUSTY CHAIRS

Post by graydawg »

HAHA BUT I SURE CAUGHT YOUR ATTENTION, I LOVE THEM, you know Ginger the race horse shoes are made of aluminum I have never welded aluminum, but that would keep the weight down, and is not prone to rust, do you have a good supply of horse shoes, now on to the rocker part that's perty darn smart, you can rock up and down and round and round and side to side and any way your heart desires, well I'll bet you can still get that lisense plate

granny keep on truckin

the one with the big foot walking
GRAYDAWG's driver JAMES
longjohn

Post by longjohn »

granny more pic please . i got the bus bug,need ideas
Take a Child Camping and they will have fun
But take a child Campin,
And they will always cherish,
The memory!!!

Campin,Campin,Campin
Granny

Post by Granny »

Longjohn,
Sorry, you'll have to wait on pictures of the bus. I am having to wait to "do" the bus. I am using it for my "moving van" first. Then, after I get done moving, I get to start on the bus. I've just been getting things ready for it. I've been making curtains, collecting things together for the transformation, things like that.
longjohn

Post by longjohn »

Multi- purpose vehicle, gotta love versatility...
Take a Child Camping and they will have fun
But take a child Campin,
And they will always cherish,
The memory!!!

Campin,Campin,Campin