New Life!

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

Granny

New Life!

Post by Granny »

Hey, just thought I'd let everyone know, :D I am headed out after New Life this weekend. I will be picking it up Tuesday morning. For those that don't know, that is what I named my bus. Now, Rudy has permission to post the pictures that I e-mailed to him 8) .

Watch out, Granny's got a bus!
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

It looks like Granny got her bus. It is Ford with a diesel motor. Here are some pics. She has named it "New Life". Congrats, Granny.

Got love? Give love.
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

Congratulations Granny, you've got a great project to get into now .
58 Bedford House
Granny

Post by Granny »

I should make mention of the fact that, until the school board votes on it Monday, then I pay for it Tuesday, it isn't "mine" yet. But I am excited. Thanks everyone.
Mark R. Obtinario
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Mark R. Obtinario »

It looks as if you got a pretty good bus.

I hope you didn't pay too much for it.
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

U go Granny, Best wishes with th new rig 8)
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

Granny,
CONGRATULATIONS!

I was hoping to catch you on SharkChat, but I keep getting there too late.
I am happy you were the winning bidder on the bus. It looks very clean.
I'm sure it will be very exciting when you go get it. Take some pics of the journey. I know you will keep us all posted.

Chuck
Granny

Post by Granny »

Thanks all, for the good wishes. My family has been teasing me about buying a bus, but not nearly as bad as about wanting to put a back porch on it. Remember, my family has known me my whole life. They really don't get too surprised by anything I come up with anymore. There is more to this story (obviously). In time maybe you will learn the details.

Okay, I am so excited. I am headed down now to get insurance, a trip permit, and things like that, so I am ready to bring New Life home with me.

Chuck, I am sorry that we keep missing each other in chat.
DB, I tried calling you yesterday morning (first) to tell you about the bus. I got your machine and didn't leave a message. I had wanted you to be the first to know, since you connected me to the bus.
Rudy, thanks for posting the pictures for me.
dburt

Post by dburt »

Well Granny, I am glad things are working out for you on this bus! I guess they sold the other two buses also. Now you have to keep us updated on the conversion, the back porch addition, etc!!
Granny

Post by Granny »

I am sorry to be a bother to everybody here, but .......... I have a question. Does anybody have some tire sizes they can let me in on for the rear tires? The law right now requires that I carry tire chains, and we are due to have snow this weekend in the Mtn's that I'll be coming back home over. As mine will still be a "school bus" at this point, I will have to follow those rules. I am trying to be prepared ahead of time.
Thanks bunches.
dburt

Post by dburt »

The rear tires are either 9.00X20 or 10.00X20 size!
Granny

Post by Granny »

Thank you DB. I just got off the phone with "Tom", and the size is 11x22.5 on my back tires. I had called him before seeing your response. I needed to get some other information also, to have all my "ducks" in a row today. I'll have more of an update later, and start a "new thread" with some of the information I have learned.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Granny, my tires are also 11R 22.5
Got love? Give love.
Dualfuel

Post by Dualfuel »

Congrats on the bus...for purposes of chaining up, you might also want to know the tread circumference. Its more then likely a set of high sidewall chains for 20" tires will fit the 22.5s. Thats what I am able to do with the bush trucks here anyway.
DF
Granny

Post by Granny »

Well just for the sake of being legal, I am borrowing a set of chains from a log truck for this trip. I guess it doesn't matter too much if they fit or not (I'll carry lots of baling wire and make them fit if they are needed). Thanks Dualfuel for the tip, I'll remember that when looking for chains to buy.
I just got done digging out my shorts to take. Those front engines in school buses put out lots of heat and tend to cook my legs and feet. I don't want to get sleepy driving her home because I get too hot. I used to wear my shorts most the year when driving. So, out comes the shorts again. I am almost done packing up "Granny's rocking chair" as Chuck has named my ranger. I think my ranger would be offended at that name, as it has worked harder in it's day than most 2 ton trucks (I tend to push my vehicles to their limits). Now, the excitement is almost getting the better of me. I have missed driving bus. Sometime I'll have to share some stories with you guys, from when I was driving.
I am trying to remember to pack up my camera. As soon as I get home, I'll send pictures to Rudy for posting for me. Thanks Rudy, you are a champ for doing that chore for technologically illiterate folks such as me.