Hi all.....just joined the forum.

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

William Biffwinkle

Post by William Biffwinkle »

Guys, that video is a scream....I nearly shot coffee out my nose.... :D
Rudy are you on practical Machinist? A nice bunch with well honed sarcasm....
Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

Will the real Bill Biffwinkle please step forward?

Oh, here he is.
I copied this from the top of page 5 of Rudy's "1973 Blue Bird" thread.
Meet the real Biffwinkle.
Rudy wrote:A few years ago, my friend, Bob Halloran gave me a roof air unit. It came off his 1989 Hawkins motorcoach. It also has a Cat diesel. He wanted to replace both of his air conditioners with new, better ones. Actually, he gave me both of the old ones and I gave one away and kept the other one in storage for a couple years. When I got this bus, the things that were missing, from the days of when it was an emergency management vehicle, were the fridge,diesel generator, and the two roof airs. Luckily, I had the one in the Dodge motorhome and the one that Bob gave me. Shawn and I installed them. Fortunately, there was the 110 volt wire already there. In this picture, you will see the one I got from Bob. It is in the bedroom area. You will see at the top of the picture,one of the four original bus lights that I disabled and then filled in with that bendable insulation. This stuff was stuck to the metal ceiling with that spray glue called Misty. I only used one layer on the ceiling as it already has 1 1/2 inches of fiberglass insulation between the inside skin and the outside roof. Having raised the floor 1 1/2 inches and lowering the ceiling, this becomes a bus where anyone over six feet tall will have to watch their heads near the roof airs. Lucky me, I am only 5 foot 9.
Oh, now that I mentioned Bob, let me say that he is an awesome guitar player. I met him in LA in the mid eighties. We spent many hours learning from each other. I could write for hours about him. To be brief, I will just tell you about a festival that we would go to every year. For three years, we went to a town called Goodnight, Missouri. This was in 2004 to 2007. It was called Love Fest. It was in celebration of Zak and Maura's wedding. Zak put it on and there were three days of music, many bands,much food, many people, many golf carts. Bob and I had already toyed with the idea of two people playing one guitar. We came up with a name for this two-headed guitar player: Bill Bifwinkle. Here is a youtube video taken with someone's video camera. The sound quality sucks but the audience enthusiasm is very prevalent. Bob is playing the left hand with the slide and I am doing the fingerpicking on the right hand. Bob had this shirt made that would fit both of us. I just watched it and it still makes me laugh.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19XP8KjpWy8
OK, back to the ceiling. Following are a few pictures of the ceiling process.
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

LOL at the act Sharkey .. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19XP8KjpWy8

GREAT party piece.
58 Bedford House
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Biff. Nice avatar. When did Bill learn the banjo?
Got love? Give love.
William Biffwinkle

Bill can do a lot of things, Rudy....
You cannot make a sow's ear out of a silk purse either.....but has anyone really tried to do both?

now heer in biffwinkleville we make deep fried DEEserts outa sows ears......an thayr ain't nuthin' stoopider lookin' than'n earless pig....
Trailer Park

Post by Trailer Park »

William Biffwinkle wrote:Bill can do a lot of things, Rudy....
Boy...you got a purdy mouth. :o :D
William Biffwinkle

Keith...if that's you...yer a nit wit...it should be as plain as the noses on my faces that I gots TWO purdy moufs....
You cannot make a sow's ear out of a silk purse either.....but has anyone really tried to do both?

now heer in biffwinkleville we make deep fried DEEserts outa sows ears......an thayr ain't nuthin' stoopider lookin' than'n earless pig....