Swedish Sex!

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

ajsmedm

Swedish Sex!

Post by ajsmedm »

Actually it's something way better than sex.

it's a 1965 hand crafted swedish war quality SCANIA vabis bus.

whatcha think?

Lots of love to lots of lovely people on this forum who anonymously has helped us out with lots' of our problems :)
Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

Very Sexy!

Now that's a good first post intro!
Thanks for sharing all the pics.

Welcome to Sharkeys Site.

Chuck
splummer

Post by splummer »

i wouldnt say its bettert then sex , but it is pretty cool
just because you ride the bus , it doesnt make you a bus person
the bus stopped and i got on and thats how it all began
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

That bus will outlive your libido.
Got love? Give love.
dburt

Post by dburt »

What is the story behind it? Does it run?
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

Sweet lookin rig and some great folks here at Sharkey's place
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
GoodClue

I guess ... without the Swedes ...

Post by GoodClue »

I guess I wouldn't be here but for Swedish sex ... My Swedish grandfather married my Norwegian grandmother ... complicated by my father, now half and half, marrying my German mother, making me 1/4 Swede, 1/4 Norwegian, and 1/2 German ...

To complicate things ... I love both Volvos and SAABs ... have a BMW motorcycle, but drive a Japanese Toyota pickup, and my schoolbus is an American Chevrolet ...

And to add to the pot, most all of us Europeans are somehow related through the Celts, who were Indo-European ... Hindu ... and before that, all existing humans came from Africa ...

... Nice bus ... wish I were there ... or New Zealand ...

GoodClue
"ya gotta have art ..."
Bob

Post by Bob »

Ya! Thanks for sharing...I love the rad red rad!
Wherever I am...I am home.
Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

Bob wrote:Ya! Thanks for sharing...I love the rad red rad!

I liked that also, but I loved the custom surround sound speaker, that thing is ready to BUMP!

Chuck
William Biffwinkle

Post by William Biffwinkle »

LOOK at that windscreen! it doesn't get any prettier than that! that has got to be a nice rig to drive.

a great looking bus!

Welcome aboard!
You cannot make a sow's ear out of a silk purse either.....but has anyone really tried to do both?

now heer in biffwinkleville we make deep fried DEEserts outa sows ears......an thayr ain't nuthin' stoopider lookin' than'n earless pig....
ajsmedm

Post by ajsmedm »

Alrite so here comes the story

it starts off with me Image
a normal kid with a normal appartment and a normal job getting too tired of everything and saying to myself FUCK IT! I AM OUTTA HERE , said bye to friends and fuck you to foes.

leaving everything behind and heading south.

ends up in a forest full of hippies , finds some new friends and buys a 70's Volkswagen Kleinbus.

Paints it with flowers

heads to a old milk factory turned in to a music studio slash garage to rebuild the bus and record this song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZVBlesID2s

and then heads south

ends up in another forest, this time in frankfurt germany, first one was in gothenburg sweden and picture of the "rainbow submarine" in Kristiania Denmark

this forest is a occupation and demonstration against cutting it down to build a new runway for the already worlds biggest airport

hardcore place, cops circulating it 24/7

during the one year occupating we have managed to build more than 10 big and small tree houses 40ft up in the trees

a true ELF city , a truly magic place where true magic happened.

and so it happened to me. I met the girl of my dreams up in one of those tree houses,

spent the winter there until one day deciding it was way to cold :D

packing all we had in to her blue VW Polo, saying bye to friends and .. family

heading south

thru france where I learn how to drive a car :D at night.. in france.. france.. is... wierd, actually.. dont go to france, france sucks and i spit' on the french
good place for learnin to drive though:)they are friggin crazy drivers there. all of em

fuck you france

HELLO SPAIN

okay so now this feels of somewhat of a pit stop, check point break point.
it's warm and awesome.

the people are awesome and wooooooah ! the trucks there are cool shit man, they all gather up in this place around Granada, trucks and busses and trailers and tents and you name it from all over europe.
im sad not to have any pictures from there but if you picture yourself the coolest place with the coolest viechles you ever seen and the most happy and blossom people you've ever met. You'r there.

one day we went up a montain, took us the whole day of climbing to reach the top and when we came there there was a tree. a hollow tree. inside of this tree we found 10 puppies.
so we took 2 with us :D

well so anyways to get back to the whole bus story thingy.

thingh is that i had a dream of buying a bus and convering it in to a home.
girl of my dreams,
well so did she.

so from the point of reaching spain to the 1 year travel all the way back to sweden again we were constantly searching for a bus or truck to buy. but it just wouldn't show up!!

so. upon reaching somewhat of a 'end' or final destination to this travel, only 1 hour drive away from "home" i see some thing in the blank of me eye. actually i don't even see it. my eye apperantly saw it and my brain knew what it was but I for sure didn't

all of a sudden without even knowing my own actions i start to scream::: GOOOOO LEEEEEEEFT!!!!!!!!

she goes... wha? why? u crazy?

i go hmmmmm

must be.

there IT is' !!!

is what?

uhh the bus apperantly. [Note: this is what some people call "Destiny"](or power of manifestation:)

well so the bus was litterary shining at us, we were like ... woah this is a bit too much. we both started to cry.

This bus had been standing out there in the middle of no-where for 7 years and there was actually a 7 year old sign in hte window saying " FOR SALE " $5000

wow...
now only one little problemo. we had just spent the last money on fuel for the car.. we were officially broke and had officially found OUR bus.

so now what?

no money, car full of junk and clothes only thing worth anythin our GPS without swedish maps. -great........

so what do u do?

you trust in mother earth and father sun and that a long run of not just having fun will bring you a badass reward.

so.. sit down and hang tight to your dream of living in your dream and then suddenly..

a man comes walking,

the man is apperantly the owner of the land on wich the bus has for 7 years been standing. the man want's to get rid of that ol' piece of JUNK

so i tell the man., goodie! call the guy and tell him that it needs to be moved or it will be towed
also stupid I tell the man that if he does such a favour for me to put pressure on the owner that it needs to be moved. then I shall have it moved away from there in 1 Week and all his troubles shall be far far far away...

it was a good plan but it took 2 weeks for the owner to show up...

another 2 weeks to make a deal with the owner about what we could pay him.

one week later we set a deal that we will pay him

one set of my old speeker system which i had borrowed my brother before i left,
one laptop which i had borrowed a friend before i left,
one digital camera wich my brother got when he ordered his ISP and gave to me
one MAG LITE size big wich i found on the ground around the bus
and
one trust deal that we will take care of the bus and it's SOUL
and trust me. this bus has one and his name is Bob by the way

awesome

so now were only 4 weeks overdue and the man starts looking really angry at us as he passes by every day on his daily routine.

so now this shit starts for real...

after 7 years nothing was really working and in order to move it we had to have all lights fixed, breaks working, govenors, tanks full of water, switches .. all this stuff, the tires was not good and the generator was not working.
there was no batteries and we had no tools. no friends no nothing and also no place to live during all this :D we had a tent and a car full of junk :] that's it

oh and the engine refused to start.

i knew nothing of diesel engines on top of that but i learned quick. I had to

the time was up.

so the upcoming week i managed to get all the electrics sorted out, all the lights working, break system renewed, generator running again, and at the end i .... stole a pair of batteries from a truck around, because i simply had to get the engine running.
so.. the man calls the police.
police comes and wonders what the fuck is going on ??!

so i tell them the truth.

lol no i didn't :D i lied about all and everything wich ends up with the owner of the truck and it's batteries beeing brought down on site to make a attempt to put us in jail (the man is at this point a bit irretated at our 5 week overdue and does everything in his power to get us jailed.
with faith i knew my lie would work out all fine and it ends up with the owner of the truck batteries actually lending us the batteries.
all charges dropped and police out of police duty directly changing intto normal people with immense intrest in our bus and what were doing.
resulting in the police actually lending us a hand for the rest of the day to get things running while the man stands in a distance all super duper furious!

us 1, man 0

but at this point we knew he would strike again.

harder

soooooo....

we manage to start the engine (it was not really a problem, it runs really really good! it was just that we had no batteries and no power, hence.. hard to start) (and no money!)

so with batteries and the engine running we move the bus in the back of the area hoping to avoid any more shit happenings

well so, in order to run this vehicle on the roads in sweden it has to have paper works of all kinds and permits and shit, we had nothing. not even the papers for the bus.

in the middle of all these worries about how and when to move it and all the problems around the bus itself and nothing really working as it should... or could.)

a car comes, out drops a man with a big orange sticker and some papers.

BAM! puts the big orange sticker on the windscreen.

[YOU HAVE 3 DAYS TO MOVE THIS VEHICLE OR IT WILL BE SHREDDED]

?

holy shit.... the man has called the office of the lands land and told em to come with a court judge to have the bus removed and trashed.

and i mean.. trashed, forever trashed nothin u can do about it.

3 days...

GULP

so in these 3 days we managed to run out of fuel (loosing pressure in the fuel system) have the generator failing on us (no lights again and it's law that u must have lights on at all times in sweden) AND the air brake fuel system thingy JAM so that it does not give enough pressure to loosen the hand break. wich means....
STUCK
permastuck

so #1 get fuel. no money.. how
so we do this one really bald move, we go to the social office and cash out food stamps for 15$ for each of us. sell the food stamps, well sell the food and then stamp, or... uhh buy the food and sell it. whatever
30$ enough for fuel, check. fuel up, check.
phew...
2 days left
take out the generator, run to a generator fix repair guy...not, run to another one, too far to the next one, shit, go back. put it back. rewire everything in the bus so + goes on - and - on plus.
BOOYAH! works. we got power.
need power...
sleep
zzZZzZZzz
1 day left.. or oh well actually last day.
pump fuel system. this is no fun, hard to reach 2 inch small fucking pump and last day.. keeping head in the engine department while super stressed checking the road every 2 minutes for a fucking tow truck coming to come crash our dream.
also fixing the jammed air brake system thingy thingy by going mad with a hammer for 2 hours knocking (gently and systematicly :D) on every piece of tube and ... all other things wich i dun know the name of any in english ;D
didn't work, well it put me further but it didnt do the thing.
going mad myself.. still so stressed about the tow truck showing up.

but when daylight broke and night came crawling the truck yet had not showed up.
we got another day, another chance and this was the final chance.

well okay so i don't know what happened from this point... last i remember is falling asleep at the wheel

then..

Waking up by something falling down on my foot making my leg twitch wich makes my foot tap on a pedal on the floor that ive never seen before and suddenly the hand brake came loose.

magic

so i open the hood to start pumping again... really worried today, one day overdue again but this time it's not a game anymore this is serious. so much put in to this

pump the pump once and wierdly fuel starts coming out on top of the engine.

yesterday we had pumped for hours and hours untill we fell asleep but yet there was no fuel to be seen in the system.
today there was fuel everywhere and even coming out of the tubes.. really wierd cuz it can not work like that.
i had left 1 little bolt open on the fuel system when i fell asleep wich would mean that all pressure would've sunken down and we'd be back at square 1.

nope, it was the complete opposite it was all pumped up and ready to go.

so we did.

5 minutes down the road we meet the tow truck...

-There is no way to describe this feeling.

today we live in a house on a island in the archipelago of sweden while restoring the bus towards original with some minor futuristic changes to the design.

It's funny how life can treat you if you dare to live it.

This is my life, my dream.
and this is our BUS

My email adress is our@live.se

and sharky you rock

peace
dburt

Post by dburt »

Wow, now that is a story! I don't think I could top that one! Seems it was destiny at work there!
Dualfuel

Post by Dualfuel »

This story is exactly why I like reading everything on this forum. I remember this feeling, this "road Karma." Its surely fantastic. Welcome and I do so love seeing the bus in winter. I too live where it snows and though I do like seeing those desert rust-free buses, snow on a bus brings back the practical requirements of my existence.
Thanks,
DF
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

Fabulous story , thanks for shareing.

8)
58 Bedford House
wstcstslider

Post by wstcstslider »

Your a wild man. And that sounded like a wild ride. Glad to here you got it home. Keep us posted on the progress.