Wothahellizat Web Site Updated

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

Sharkey
Original Founder

Wothahellizat Web Site Updated

Post by Sharkey »

For anyone who has noticed that Rob Gray stopped updating his web site with travel journey entries, he's back with a new tale of Weird Off Road Truck tales from Australia. Future updates may be sporatic at best, but even those are better than cutting us, his adoring audience, off cold. If you haven't checked out "Wothahellizat" yet, there are nearly 50 diaries of travels Down Under awaiting you here

Wothahelliz Wothahellizat? =
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

Once again, a new Wothahellizat diary posting. This time I resisted reading it for almost two weeks so that I could enjoy it while vacationing at the beach house. The dial-up connection here makes it a tantalizingly slow read when all of the photos are viewed individually.
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

Yet again, the journal continues. This time Rob and Chris have purchased a block of land in the bush near Bundaberg. A good omen!, I'll be needing to purchase a new place to park the Housetruck soon, if the star Aussie motorhome traveller can find a place, so can I!
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

For a guy who decided that he wasn't going to update his travel diaries any longer, Rob Gray is doing a fantastic job of not keeping his resolutions. Yet another update.
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

The big cyclone that hit northern Australia didn't have much effect on the Wothahellizat crew, other than to deliver some rain. Rob and Chris have decided to not sell the big Weird Off Road Truck that they live in after all, and I can't say that this makes me unhappy.

A new update to the diaries....
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

Don't know if anyone is bothering to read these journals, but a new one has been posted. I haven't read it yet, I kind of wanted to do so in a special setting, but don't know if I can keep myself away for another couple of weeks so I can read it at the new property...
Stillphil

Post by Stillphil »

Oh yeah. The diarys are great. I've read them all, I think. Where they are going now is really interesting to me as we are going to that area next summer (their winter) for about 3 weeks.

Stillphil
Illegitimi non carborundum!
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

Not just one, but two updates to the Wothahellizat site, meaning that there are now three journals describing Rob and Chris' journey to the interior of Oz. I'd expect that there will be another installment soon, as the latest takes us only as far as June 12th, so the entire trip is probably already completed and ready for journal posting.
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

Diaries four, five, and six of the latest trip have all been posted in the last two months, so those of us in the cold nothern hemisphere can have something fun to read on these long, dark nights.
glee17

Wothahellizat on TV

Post by glee17 »

I thought you all might like to know Wothahellizat will be on:

World's Most Extreme Homes
Episode HWEXT-309
HGTV cable
January 26, 2007 6:30 PM ET/PT

Mark your calendars

Geoff
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

The seventh and final chapter of Rob and Chris' trip through the Simpson Desert is posted for your enjoyment.

This is likely to be the last adventure story for a while, as Rob is gearing up for a big project over the upcoming Austrialian winter that will keep him busy for a while on the block of property they call home. I don't know if I'm supposed to say what the project is, so for now, you'll just have to guess...
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

This is quite unexpected. Rob has posted an "epilog" diary entry describing the end of the trip and the return to his block of property near Gin Gin, Queensland.

In the "Editorial" that preceeds the diary, Rob says: "So what's this leading to? I'm not sure yet, but something is afoot. Stay tuned."

I have still have some "inside information", but am also still not sure I am supposed to tell what it is, so Rob's promised next chapter of the Chronicles will perhaps tell us all what it is...
j_nigrelli

Post by j_nigrelli »

didn't i see this truck offered "For Sale" on an expedition forum?
captainkf

Post by captainkf »

It has been for sale for a very long time. I think (just speculating) that if the price is right, most things are for sale. He is just taking the guess work out of it to keep the email lookyloos at bay.

-Richard
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

I think selling the WORT is off the table unless some crazed milionaire comes along and simply ~must~ have it. See my post of Mar 29, 2006 above...
Sharkey wrote:Rob and Chris have decided to not sell the big Weird Off Road Truck that they live in after all