Bus Rally @ Rickreal, Oregom

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

J.B.

Bus Rally @ Rickreal, Oregom

Post by J.B. »

Hi All :D , Just a note to let you know that my 78 Crown bus 'FARTHER' made it from Fir Island, Washington to The BUSNUSA rally at Rickreal, Oregon. A total of 598 miles round trip with @ 10 miles per gallon. That is no misprint. Yep 10 MPG at 60-62 average speed. I had a ton of fun and most of the meals (no lunch) were provided. It was 4 days for two persons, with the band and seminars and free showers for $125 and that is with electricty. One of the best surprises of all was that the book vendor had a copy of 'SOME TURTLES HAVE NICE SHELLS' after I had purchased a copy from Ben Rosander(360) 659-6014.(A shameless plug) he told me that if I came by the next day Roger D.Beck the author would autograph it for me. I did and Roger was kind enough to take a tour of the only thre schoolies there with me. Out of 176 buses there was only My Crown, My Friend Rons Crown and Allen Bass,s very cool Kenworth bus (only 600 made). Roger sat in the Kenworth looking right at home and told us some stories, but I will save that for another time. Thanks for your time Roger.
I am all excited now with a lot of stuff to finish for next years bus rally which is July 13, 14, 15 and 16th of 2006. This little town of Rickrael is located just west of Salem, Oregon.

Later, J.B. 8)
J.B.
roasting8

Post by roasting8 »

Hi J.B.,

Sorry I couldn't join you, it would have made it another Crown at the convention.

Well, maybe next year.

Robert
J.B.

Bus Rally for 2006

Post by J.B. »

I for one will be back along with my friend Ron in his Crown named THUNDERCOACH (it has a 855 Cummins big cam in it) as well as our other friend Allen with his ever cool Kenworth bus ( one of 600 ever made). Hope to see you there.

J.B. 8)
J.B.
roasting8

Post by roasting8 »

Sorry it took so lone to reply; I've been too busy moving to Houston (job transfer).

Hopefully, I'll be able to go next year (if I have enough cash for fuel) and I"ll see about bringing the Coronas.

I like Oregon and I look forward to going.