The Hemitage - Rima

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

ezrablu

The Hemitage - Rima

Post by ezrablu »

Rima is an amazing artist in the UK who lived in an awesome housetruck until recently. This page has some photos of her housetruck...scroll down the page to see several photos of both the inside and out.

http://intothehermitage.blogspot.com/20 ... sebox.html

and

http://intothehermitage.blogspot.com/se ... 20dwelling

and

http://intothehermitage.blogspot.com/se ... n%20wheels

Actually all throughout her blog there are lots of photos of her Bedford and lots of other homes on wheels.
Last edited by ezrablu on Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.
ezrablu
1991 Bluebird International
360 DT - 6 Speed
ezrablu

Accordion

Post by ezrablu »

Hey Rudy...you'll especially like one of the photos on this page:

http://intothehermitage.blogspot.com/search?q=moving
ezrablu
360 DT - 6 Speed
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Re: Accordion

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

I thought the same thing when I saw this one. I must say, she so talented and not for anything but what a pretty woman she is. You said she use to live in her housetruck. Did she sell it or something?
ezrablu wrote:Hey Rudy...you'll especially like one of the photos on this page:

http://intothehermitage.blogspot.com/search?q=moving
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
graydawg

Post by graydawg »

Rudy your gonna brake that limb, if you are both gonna get on it and play the sqeezebox
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

I think she had a falling out with her boyfriend...no mention of what happened or the housetruck that I've noticed. Just blogged one day that she was moving into a cottage and she no longer mentions him (his name was Tui). Now she just mentioned about 2 months ago she's met a new man.

This page is the last mention of living in the housetruck:

http://intothehermitage.blogspot.com/se ... results=20

She's a musician, artist, poet, writer...she just did the artwork (she's done many) for book for another writer.
ezrablu
360 DT - 6 Speed
graydawg

Post by graydawg »

yaw must spend allot of time finding this stuff keep up the good work got a few ideas from there to add to my dreamcatchers and other stuff I do
Patrick46

Post by Patrick46 »

WOW...her artwork is awesome!!!

"Good Times & Good Friends Make Life Better"

www.artworks-unlimited.com
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

Ya, I think so, too Patrick. Even the way she writes in her blog...she's a great story teller and has a way with words.

graydawg...do you have a website or blog so I can see what you make?
ezrablu
360 DT - 6 Speed
graydawg

Post by graydawg »

no not that computer smart yet, and I have got to get back to work painting I have people come over just to see if I started back painting yet, one Lady has over 200 pieces that I have painted she claims, I knew she had alot of my work, but I didn't think she had that much, but I have never been to her home. I have been doing ceramic painting for around 20 years, and have no idea how many pieces I have done over the years. this is the longest I have ever went without painting almost 2 years, and will have to buy all new paints this time around, but I probably have a 100 pieces packed away to be painted. I enjoy painting wildlife and southwestern style mostly, there is not alot of money to be made painting and selling with the amount of time that goes into each piece, I am overly criticle about signing a piece thats not painted right and very detailed, I have even painted in truckstop parking lots when layed over or waiting to be loaded or unloaded and they sell very quick, faster than I can paint thats for sure, but most of the time people want to give you less than you pay for the unpainted piece, and after putting in 20 hours its aggravating, but I do alot of other craft type work leather, wood, just about anything I set my mind too, since I got my neck broke I have slowed down alot, but will get back on it, just alot of irons in the fire now.
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

graydawg...you need to get back into your painting and other artwork. Leather work is an awesome thing to know how to do!

Not only is it all very theraputic...good for the mind and soul...just think of all the stuff you could have made during the past two years!!! You'd be all stock piled with stuff ready to sell for extra cash.

But, I hear ya...I've let life side track me a bit too the past couple of years. My divorce threw me for a loop I wasn't financially or physically prepared for. However, I was prepared emotionally for many years so I was all good on that part.
ezrablu
360 DT - 6 Speed
graydawg

Post by graydawg »

devorce's will do that to you, I was married one time, she wasn't, just celebrated my 30th devorce aniversary aug 15. I wasn't married a whole year, but I learned quick. My ass smarted for a while over it, now I'm just a smart ass. I will get back to painting and doing the stuff I enjoy making soon just been alot going on this year, If my doctor has his way I will have alot of time with a knee replacement to get over, I told him I would get back with him and let him know when I would be ready that was 10 months ago, and I'm still not ready. By the way I was impressed by your website, was pretty neat, I may try something like that one day, but for now I have to go back to work hotshotting, while the moneys still there. James graydawgs driver
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

:D "devorce's will do that to you, I was married one time, she wasn't, just celebrated my 30th devorce aniversary aug 15" :D

I celebrated 23 years this past spring :lol: The kid and I went to the Bronx Zoo for the day 8) I was a 13 year marrage veteran :roll: But once I pulled the arrows out of my back we were good to go :wink: Just for the record, We were "both" young and stupid :wink: Now one of us is young and smart and has a great daughter, 3 grand dogs and a grand turtle 8)
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.