Handy Gadgets

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

ezrablu

Handy Gadgets

Post by ezrablu »

12 volt portable stove/cooker

http://www.sportsimportsltd.com/12vopost.html

ezrablu
1991 Bluebird International
360 DT - 6 Speed
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

I bet it would work great with the engine running, the others look pretty good to
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
graydawg

Post by graydawg »

they are great going down the road in a 18 wheeler, haved cooked everything from cornbread, gumbo, roast, red beans and rice with sausage you name it I just about cooked it in one, you can get the aluminum pans at wallyworld alot cheaper than at truckstops, the cords seem to melt on the roadpro brand they also have coffee makers but damn they are slow especially when your ready for a cup of coffee or tea in the morning around 15 mins
Patrick46

Post by Patrick46 »

Hmmmmmm^^^^
I never tried actually cooking or baking in mine when I was a road driver.

I did, however, heat up ALOT of DittyMoore that I poured over bread.....Yummy!!! (good cheap meal) Oh, I did make popcorn too.

"Good Times & Good Friends Make Life Better"

www.artworks-unlimited.com
dburt

Post by dburt »

Back in the olden days my dad used to take a can of beans and a can of soup or some such food, and lay the cans on the top of his engine when he was driving down the road. After about 1/2 of an hour he was ready for a hot lunch. (My dad was the original cheapskate, I think he even wrote the book on "Living cheap while you skate")
longjohn

Post by longjohn »

Speaking of those good ole days, Fresh sausages with cut up onion wrapped in foil. cooking on the manifold of my shiny" 290" cummins about 200 miles later................
some good eating!!! Also when the kids were little heated MANY a baby bottle on the manifold :) Never used any of these types but seen alot of guys buying the meals that pop in the foil pans for these cookers, as we had an APU , coffee from mister coffee, bacon and eggs from electric skillet, the hard part was driving 5-6hours smelling Pot Roast cookin 8)
Take a Child Camping and they will have fun
But take a child Campin,
And they will always cherish,
The memory!!!

Campin,Campin,Campin