More parking space at Lois' house!

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

yugogypsy

Post by yugogypsy »

AH, my worn out Datsun utility trailer is going away in a hour, full of scrap we CAN'T use, free of charge. I love that.

When I get just a few more things moved, I'll have space for 2 big rigs and 2-3 little ones, so we can have a West Coast eating fest at my place sometime.

I thank all my potential visitors for giving me inspiration to clean up.

:D Lois
Bash On Regardless!
Bob

Post by Bob »

You are too kind and VERY generous!
Wherever I am...I am home.
yugogypsy

Post by yugogypsy »

Hey, I love to have a crowd over. We're going to take a load of stuff to the dump after Feb. 16th and a bunch of small stuff to the recycling depot after I get my car running.

A buddy of ours who hauls scrap took the trailer and will take any bits that come off Pit Stop when the trailer hitch is fabricated.

We also have a lot of burning to do, and open bonfire season ends March 31st.

But once my "Back 40" as I call it is clear, there will be lots of room, and I've got a little camper back there if I get an overflow of guests. My van's rear seat also folds out into a bed, so theres room for two more if they're slim.

I'll send Rudy some pics when its all done, so you can see the whole acre, Lois' guided tour by photo! :D

Lois
Bash On Regardless!
yugogypsy

Post by yugogypsy »

Clean up outside goes on. We have been rearranging and tidying stuff up, getting more firewood into the woodshed, and I have to tidy the "Pit Stop" area a bit more yet.

Rick has a horrible cold or I'd ask him to go out and make that bonfire we keep talking about.

I got my "mini toad" (utility trailer) back from Heather's place and it's been welded, now I just have to find the papers for it and get insured again, then get the trailer hitch on my van fixed when the brakes get done.

Rick and I have been doing some figuring, and we have to move a couple things before medium sized rigs can get into the back yard, and we have room for 3 biggies nose-to-tail along the front yard and 1 space on either side of the garden, for 1 large and 1 medium sized rig.

While my van is out of service I'm going to start some modifications to it for a tiny living space, I need it if I want any sort of weekend break from here in summer.

HUGS
Lois
Bash On Regardless!
yugogypsy

Post by yugogypsy »

:cry: the heater core in my Hyundai Pony flooded the drivers side of the car with antifreeze.

Not worth the bother of taking apart and then shop time because it's too hard to get parts for.

My van will be uninsured for 3 months, because I won't use it until I can afford to get it fixed. So I am limited to taking time to walk to the bus so my 87 pounds doesn't fall over in the snow, or getting a ride with a friend to where I'm going.

It's a pain in the butt.

So when the weather clears up, the Pony will be going away :cry: and I will have another small rig parking space in my back yard :)

Lois
Bash On Regardless!
rlaggren

Post by rlaggren »

Too cold to run w/out heat?
yugogypsy

Post by yugogypsy »

Car has other problems too, and I can't get the parts to fix them, and yes, it's much too cold here to run without heat.

Lois
Bash On Regardless!
yugogypsy

Post by yugogypsy »

Hi Gang,

We had a big bonfire this week and got rid of a bunch of stuff, I'm about to send Rick out to make another bonfire.

We'll be moving our little camper further back, and our scrap dealer friend is going to take more stuff.

PLEASE don't ask how I got so much CRAP onto a 1 acre lot, its not a pretty story.

But I soldier on and make room for buses, James-you and the graydawg get the parking beside the west garden, Dennis, you get between the house and the garden, Blu, your spot's out back in the shade, and we're working on a spot for Rudy next, I think he's going to end up next to the east garden, Good Clue-you can park beside my Mercy, because your rig is about the same size, So Bob, I guess you're on the flat spot behind the house.

Don't worry about getting your rigs in and out, we can move fences in a flash

HUGS to all
Lois
Bash On Regardless!
Bob

Post by Bob »

Is that flat spot between the rock and the hard place? I've been there! Already feels like home. :D
Wherever I am...I am home.
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

OooOoooOoooo...shade :thumbup:

Geez Lois...you make me feel so lazy lately :roll: I've been mostly reading Rudy's events and waiting to hear what he figures out about getting his bus road worthy that I'm not getting much done myself.
ezrablu
1991 Bluebird International
360 DT - 6 Speed
yugogypsy

Post by yugogypsy »

No Bob, that flat spot is in full sun ALL day, so either turn on your A/C or sit outside and work on your tan.

Blu- Your shady spot is gorgeous, and at the back of the property where its really quiet, only thing you'll hear is my horse, and I'm sure Miss Kitty will tell you if there is a raccoon around.

Yes, we are keeping busy, and due to time constraints, anyone who arrives during my "Pulling the inside of the house apart" adventures, is going to get put to work.

My poor old house gets new wiring this fall and we have to gut the house before then.

Cheers
Lois :)
Bash On Regardless!
graydawg

Post by graydawg »

Hello LOIS, I am not to sure if I want to live that close to Dennis, you know he is a full time Bus Dweller and all. James in da GRAYDAWG
PS or is that the pot calling the kettle black?
and EZRABLU might get us all in trouble :D
I ONCE WAS A MIGHTY GREYHOUND
I THEN GOT OLD AND RETIRED
I LOST MY SEATS AND GOT A NEW GIG
I AM NOW A HAULIN SOME OLD DAWGS &
I BECAME THE GRAYDAWG
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

That was cold man :roll:
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
yugogypsy

Post by yugogypsy »

You'll have the garden and a fence between you, no bickering or I'll come after you both with the garden house and then you'll be whining about being wet! :D

Lois
Bash On Regardless!
graydawg

Post by graydawg »

You know I live in my Bus as well, just not as nice as yours is, I really do want some windows like yours, I love to have the windows open, when it rains just to smell the fresh air coming in. I also want a rear window that opens as well, just to get a good air flow in the nicer temps, it will come just takes time, plus $ to make it happen. James in da GRAYDAWG
Last edited by graydawg on Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I ONCE WAS A MIGHTY GREYHOUND
I THEN GOT OLD AND RETIRED
I LOST MY SEATS AND GOT A NEW GIG
I AM NOW A HAULIN SOME OLD DAWGS &
I BECAME THE GRAYDAWG