ezrablu - 1991 Bluebird of Happiness

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

Stay light girl, U B Fine 8)
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
yugogypsy

BlUE BIRD OF HAPPINESS

Post by yugogypsy »

I agree with the guys--live in one bus while you fix the other :D
Bash On Regardless!
Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

I think if we had some photos of the new bus, then it would be easier to help you decide what to do with it. :D
graydawg

Post by graydawg »

WOW, REDNECKS dream come true, a DOUBLE WIDE BUS, you could always have a patio in between the buses, put a big refrigerator outside with a keg tap on the front, BUT what would the Amish neighbors think then MS EZRABLU, just leave enough room to drive them out for a trip.

James in da GRAYDAWG
I ONCE WAS A MIGHTY GREYHOUND
I THEN GOT OLD AND RETIRED
I LOST MY SEATS AND GOT A NEW GIG
I AM NOW A HAULIN SOME OLD DAWGS &
I BECAME THE GRAYDAWG
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

Time to post a few more photos. But first I should mention I still haven't picked up that other bus :roll: Just been so darn busy....maybe I'll do it this week while it's cooler out.

I have to read back a little and see where I left off....be right back :wink:
ezrablu
1991 Bluebird International
360 DT - 6 Speed
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

Ok...The last photos of actual work done were showing the floor being lined with plastic, framed and insulated. Then I asked about those long heater hoses and rear heater and Chuck advised I should remove or replaced them with copper so there's less risk of them cracking and leaking....so since I had already built in a long spot for them to lay under the floor, I had to remove the steel case that covered part of the hoses and wiring, cut the floor out to expose the hoses and remove the blower. I also removed some "stuff" right next to the drivers seat (left of the drivers seat) I don't really know what it was for but I thought it was for the rear heater but Chuck told me yesterday it might be parts for heating the drivers area. Soooo, well, that sucks if it was because it's gonna be cold driving. So, when I go out there tomorrow I also need to check to see if I still have defrosting capabilities :roll:

Photos to follow....
ezrablu
360 DT - 6 Speed
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

I am excited to see the photos.
Got love? Give love.
splummer

Post by splummer »

i also would like some pics to see, iam also a little excited :D
just because you ride the bus , it doesnt make you a bus person
the bus stopped and i got on and thats how it all began
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

Very sorry it took so long for me to return...I have so many photos and none of them are sorted so I needed to take time to find some and put them in some kind of order it was done. Especially since I'm winging it and really don't know how to explain what I'm doing or why :D

So these first photos are the rear heater and hoses prior to being built into the foor last summer....as you can see the heater, hoses, wires and that "stuff" we removed (like a built in table with vents under it - right under the control switchboard) beside the drivers seat on the left.....

ezrablu
360 DT - 6 Speed
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

Here's a closer look....that console UNDER all those switches on the left is what was removed and I'm not sure if that will effect the defrost function....

ezrablu
360 DT - 6 Speed
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

Here's the rear heater and some kind of blower that was attached at the end of that steel casing that covered part of the heater hoses and wiring that is seen in the first photo 2 posts ago....

ezrablu
360 DT - 6 Speed
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

These next three photos show what it looked like after I framed and insulated the floor last summer. The heater hoses are on the right under the plastic right against the wall then there's a 2x4 to the left of the hoses. It's kind of hard to see it these photos AND I have since torn it all out and removed the hoses, but I'm including these photos as reference to my great construction skills :D :shock:

I screwed a 2x4 into the floor about 5 inches away from the wall which left a space for the hoses to sit in. Then I insulated the rest of the floor, then laid the OSB flooring over the top of it all. The last photo shows a close up of the angle cut where the hoses come back out of the floor right before the wheel well.

This photo shows the floor completed and covering the hoses. I painted the blower black and there is a 2x2 laying on the place where the hoses are UNDER the floor. (just to show how much work it was to get them back out a couple weeks ago :shock:

ezrablu
360 DT - 6 Speed
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

This next photo is pretty self explanatory...the hoses are disconnected from the rear heater and placed in a 5 gallon bucket to prevent antifreeze from leaking everywhere.

In this photo, that long silver steel cover has been cut out, the floor has been cut out and the hoses and wiring have been removed.

ezrablu
360 DT - 6 Speed
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

Here that table thing with the heater vents under it right next to the driver's seat has been cut out and removed. This is the part that makes me worry there is now no heat and possibly no defrost function now. There is one more heater like this just as you come in the door under that dash called a "Hurry Hot". I'll post of photo of that, too.

ezrablu
360 DT - 6 Speed
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

This the Hurry Hot thing to the far right under the dash area right next to the front door....I'm hoping this has something to do with defrost and possibly some heat in the drivers area.

ezrablu
360 DT - 6 Speed