ezrablu - 1991 Bluebird of Happiness

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

ezrablu

Re: ezrablu - 1991 Bluebird of Happiness

Post by ezrablu »

Mid flight during return trip/storm:

ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

Back to happier moments....landing on first trip...first view of camp:

ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

Unloading the plane just after landing:

ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

Plane that brought in supplies leaving:

ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

Plane coming and one leaving. They brought in groups of men who stayed at camp for 5 days plus more supplies:

ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

View from deck of upper lodge ( a huge building with 16 bedrooms, great room, dining room and full kitchen. It was originally built and used by the gold miners in the 1954 - the camp was originally owned by a gold mining company and they will be buying it back from the owners soon for 2.5 million dollars).

ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

View from my cabin. This gold mining camp has the longest dock in Ontario Canada. Seems strange since it's literally in the middle of nowhere and to think EVERYTHING had to be flown in to be built....every screw, nail, board, brick, shingle, window, generators, equipment to build the mineshaft and tower, boats, motors and on and on. It's hard to comprehend how many flights it took when I looked around and looked at every single item including salt and pepper shakers. Not to mention all the building tools. It's like a small community but nobody lives there :D

ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

Here's the main lodge dining hall (the photo doesn't show much):

And here's the kitchen I cook in. Not to brag too much but do you know how good of a cook you have to be to cook at a resort? :wink:

ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

My cabin. I get to live in the "Honeymoon Cabin" all summer. Strange....and such a waste :D But, it's very nice and on the highest point in the camp so the view is incredible. But also very freaky when bears wander around :shock:

Bear wandered down path from my cabin on first day there. It's standing in front of the men workers cabin sniffing the air. I had pork roasts in the oven all night :banghead:

ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

View from the front of my cabin:

ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

Sunrise the first morning I woke up there:

ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

First evening fishing on the water:

ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

Northern caught/on a stringer. There are so many HUGE Trout, Northern, Walleye and Musky it's almost surreal to catch so many fish non-stop (And I'm from Wisconsin where fishing is our main tourist attraction).

ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

Batteries and equipment for the solar system. Each battery weighs 300 lbs. There are 15 of them. The camp also has a windmill. There are 3 of the biggest generators I've ever seen there, too. I'll get some photos of them this week when I head up there again on Tuesday. The camp is full electricity and plumbed. It's no different than living in the city...you can use any kind of electric tool, household item or whatever. The showers and toilets are more modern than what I have at home. There are washers, dryers, ceiling fans in every room, 6 refrigerators, 3 huge freezers....it's ALL run by the solar and windmill system! There is never a problem or shortage of electricity. They also fly in 100 lb tanks of LP gas to use for the commercial kitchen oven/stove and some of the clothes dryers. Each cabin is also equipped with it's own inverter and backup battery system. The telephone is like a shortwave system with antenna.

Last edited by ezrablu on Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

And last...me...home with my dog who missed me. Can you tell? :sly:

Yes, I really lucked out on this gig. I never would have guessed a year ago I'd get to do something like this. It's cut into my bus build but I just can't complain. I'll post some bus photos next in a little while. Time to make some more coffee :lol: