ezrablu - 1991 Bluebird of Happiness

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

GoodClue

bus woodstove

Post by GoodClue »

Hi guys ...

NO FIRE IN MOVING BUS !!!

It WILL create live sparks, it will cause wildfires ... you CANNOT pull into a filling station with an open flame ... Live coals from last night's fire WILL burn and create sparks ... make sure fire is out, even with dampers closed.

Common sense, kids ... I guess I'm worried because here in the South West we are deep in our fire season, and early ... Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado ... the ones burning in Colorado, almost All caused by unattended or not completely extinguished campfires ...

Just saying ... GoodClue

PS Ezrablu ... nice work on your bus.
"ya gotta have art ..."
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

:thumbup: No mobile fires :thumbup:

Thanks, GoodClue...more work photos to come 8)
ezrablu
1991 Bluebird International
360 DT - 6 Speed
splummer

Re: bus woodstove

Post by splummer »

GoodClue wrote:Hi guys ...

NO FIRE IN MOVING BUS !!!

It WILL create live sparks, it will cause wildfires ... you CANNOT pull into a filling station with an open flame ... Live coals from last night's fire WILL burn and create sparks ... make sure fire is out, even with dampers closed.

Common sense, kids ... I guess I'm worried because here in the South West we are deep in our fire season, and early ... Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado ... the ones burning in Colorado, almost All caused by unattended or not completely extinguished campfires ...

Just saying ... GoodClue

PS Ezrablu ... nice work on your bus.
yes very nice work, and good advice doug, iam not surei even likehaving a wood stove on a moving bus
just because you ride the bus , it doesnt make you a bus person
the bus stopped and i got on and thats how it all began
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

Looking good 8)
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

Thanks splummer and Dennis...it means a lot to hear that from all you guys. The sun is out and it's gonna be a mild, cool day again so I'm gonna try to get out there and get some work done.
ezrablu
1991 Bluebird International
360 DT - 6 Speed
rlaggren

Post by rlaggren »

> low pressure... draft up...

ooops... Something to do with wind, anyway. <g> Home combustion appliances like furnace and water heater usually have problems w/the wind blowing _down_ the flu. Just generally gotta respect fire in small quarters around flamables.

The most adrenalin I ever got from boating was when I popped a small grease fire on my stove in the salon. Had never thought about any of that before but Wow! All a sudden I KNEW why fire is the most scary thing ever on a small boat! Too much stuff waayyy too close _everywhere_.

Rufus
Stealth Camper

Post by Stealth Camper »

Good stuff, Ezra!!

I am becoming more and more inspired by everyone's work. Bought two wheels, am looking for tires...actually waiting to save up money to buy two tires, and am getting insurance again. Previous company (State Farm) is appearing disinterested in me now. They will lose everything else I have with them at the same time they tell me no.

Re: ezrablu - 1991 Bluebird of Happiness

Post by Guest »

I miss Ezra. I hope things are going well with her 2 bus projects. Anyone hear from her recently?
Headache

Post by Headache »

^^ Me being too lazy to log in... :roll:
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

I moved this from the Photography thread/Answering Rufus comment:

Thanks Rufus...yep, I hit the motherload for 5 months (May thru Sept) to say the least getting all expenses paid and then some :D I only have to bring my personal things and everything else is provided...boats, fishing gear/poles, food, plane trips...they even clean all my fish! All I gotta do is some cooking and clean up some cabins every 5 days which only takes a few hours per day. I still can't believe it myself :thumbup: Here is a link to my facebook page if anybody wants see some photos. http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 043&type=3I'll be leaving again to fly up there in 4 days...I'll be there until July 1st this time. Then fly up there again a week later. I could stay until the end of Sept but I gotta keep tabs that my dog Miss Kitty is being taken care of. It's literally paradise up there in the middle of nowhere. If you google Populus Lake you'll get an idea of where it is. It's all islands and lakes in that whole territory....I never knew it was like that until I used Google Earth to view it just before I left to head up there.

Ya, I've slowed down on my bus for the summer. But, I've got my bus about 80% done now and I'll definitely be moving into it in September when I return from Canada for good this year. Can't put it off any longer...ready or not, I'm in there this fall. Here's some photos although they don't show the most recent work so I'll need to get some new photos taken and I'll post them as soon as I do:
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 043&type=3.

I hope these links work for everybody. Let me know if they don't and I'll see what I can do.
stuartcnz
Site Admin

Post by stuartcnz »

The links didn't work for me, but maybe thats because I'm not a facebook user?
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

Sorry about that. I have my settings so anybody can view them but perhaps Facebook now "forces" people to join in order to view things. Dirty rats...I dislike Facebook :/

I'll upload a few onto tinypics shortly.
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

ok...here we go...my May trip:

I sat shotgun next to the pilot :thumbup:
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

Mid-flight on way in to camp:

ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

Return flight...was very stormy and only chance to get out for a few days so we took it :shock: