ezrablu - 1991 Bluebird of Happiness

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

well hang in there James! I think a Bus Inn on my land would be awesome....I better get a crapper built this summer :D

Maybe we should plan a big Thanksgiving wing ding...you got time to prepare so lay off that deep fried gater and get your tin cup out :D
ezrablu
1991 Bluebird International
360 DT - 6 Speed
yugogypsy

1991 Bluebird of Happiness

Post by yugogypsy »

Hey Blu,

I'll get there someday, even if I have to hitch a ride with someone, or come by Greyhound. I love the Amish, and I love helping with anything I can, just give me time to put on weight and strength, and I'll be there, I also have to get a passport.

Will send you a map starting in Osseo, showing how to get here, if you're mobile before me.

Hugs
Lois
Bash On Regardless!
graydawg

Post by graydawg »

I may have to get a tin cup out, I reapplied for ss disability today so will be getting the runaround started again, and will see what happens. How you coming on your bus, are you living in it yet? I need to get busy working on mine it just cost a fortune for materials and all but will get it together soon, still dreaming of going to Alaska, just want to see it for my bucket list, got a tourist guide in the mail today was so beautiful.
James in da GRAYDAWG
I ONCE WAS A MIGHTY GREYHOUND
I THEN GOT OLD AND RETIRED
I LOST MY SEATS AND GOT A NEW GIG
I AM NOW A HAULIN SOME OLD DAWGS &
I BECAME THE GRAYDAWG
yugogypsy

1991 Bluebird of Happiness

Post by yugogypsy »

Hey Blu,

You gotta come up and see the settings for my book, they're gorgeous, for a preview Google Hornby Island B.C. in Google images.
HUGS
Lois

James-if I could send a donation, I would, but I'm tapped since my well pump blew out last month.
Bash On Regardless!
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Here is something interesting.

1991 and 2002 are the numbers that are the same forward and backwards.

We will all be gone by 2112.
Got love? Give love.
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

Time for a few more photos of my bus progress...

I have a big workspace :)

A start to my solar power:

The interlocking pine for the interior:

Hit the mattress jackpot...dorm beds almost like new...$7 each! They even have zippered removed waterproof covers:

Temporary and test build compost toilet till I build my bus' bathroom. It's sitting on my tailgate while the paint dries:
ezrablu
360 DT - 6 Speed
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

I was driving down the highway and spotted this set of steel stairs for sale on someone's front lawn. $50. The guy was a BIG pervert so it took a long time to finally make the sale and get the hell out of there cuz he just kept stalling while he talked creepy instead of helping me load them into my truck. Great deal...with a crappy memory :roll: BUT they are perfect for getting into the back door of my bus.

Speaking of perverts...this is written inside on my bus wall. I wonder if a kid wrote this or the bus driver? :D
ezrablu
360 DT - 6 Speed
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

And just for fun...a few photos of my dog Kitty who loves being in the bus...

My foot warmer :D
ezrablu
360 DT - 6 Speed
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

And a few photos of my unfinished door...

This is the door after I removed all the door opening hardware and before I put the steel brackets on to hold it stiff:

This is after the steel brackets are on. I put them on the top, middle and bottom. I just used medium size brackets because I'll be putting wood framing and covering, too:

Kinda dark to see but a closer view of the steel brackets I put on with self tapping steel screws. Now the door opens like a regular house door instead of folding:

Not sure what to do with these wires that were attached to the door mechanism. I think they went to the flashing lights on top of the bus and to the light on the steps. Probably just cap them and stuff them into the dash.

And these are the steps which I need to somehow change so there are 3 not so tall steps instead of only 2 huge ones:
ezrablu
360 DT - 6 Speed
Mark R. Obtinario
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Mark R. Obtinario »

Blue Birds were available with a three step entry instead of a two step entry. The first step had a cut out to allow the jackknife door to fold flat against the dash.

I wouldn't think it would be difficult to take out the step well and build a three step entry.

As far as the wires at the door control are concerned, those were connected to pressure switches that operated the step well light and the 8-way lights outside. I would follow the path and remove the other end from their power source. You don't want one of those wires to rub raw some time down the road and drain your battery.
Stealth Camper

Post by Stealth Camper »

That's a lot of mattresses! You don't have time to be resting that much! You got a bus to work on!
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

Thanks Mark...ok, I'll do that with wires then.

I don't weld so I either have to hire somebody to do them or just build over the existing steps...which, might work but will be a pain in the butt since I'm not very mathematical either :roll:

I framed them out last fall and insulated them but I'll post more on my steps when I get to working on them again.
ezrablu
360 DT - 6 Speed
Mark R. Obtinario
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Mark R. Obtinario »

I think it would be very possible to take out the step that is there and frame in some wooden steps utilizing the bottom step and the sides of the step well.

Since you won't be having hundreds of students tramping up and down the steps every day it won't have to be built to the same standard as the factory steps.

The only concern about using wood would be sealing it on the back side in order to keep it from being soaked by road spray and/or having the road spray get into the coach while going down the road.
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

Stealth :D even bus converters need rest sometimes. I don't really need that many mattresses but figured I can resell the extra ones once I figure out how many I'll actually use. I might even recover some with upholstery fabric and use for kitchen booth or couch. So many ideas.
ezrablu
360 DT - 6 Speed
Stealth Camper

Post by Stealth Camper »

Yeah, I know. I have a barn worth of that kind of stuff. I must be a hoarder.

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.

Too much is never enough.