the88

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

Bob

Post by Bob »

I dont know if this is the spot or not...but it is my FAVE story..so here goes.
A construction worker (a new guy) joins the others at lunchtime and pulls a P&J sandwich out of his bag...he looks at ot and says...."I HATE P&J sandiches!"
Next day...same thing! Day after...he reaches in and takes out yet another P&J sandwich! He curses and hollers how much he hates them! One of the other workers says "why dont you tell your wife to make another kind?" and he replies...."What wife??? I make my own lunch."
It does help me to remember that we make all of our own sandwiches in life...no sense in complaining about them!
Wherever I am...I am home.
earthhorns

Post by earthhorns »

Hi Will, Shelly, and Bootsy,
You are in good company here, I am Shanikai's father and I live in a 1966 Crown Coach conversion at the Grand Canyon. I found my wonderful bus thru this great forum, see the thread called "what do you think of this vintage crown conversion". Although I don't post often, I enjoy reading.
I wish you the best in your project!
By the way, I lived on Vashon for 8 yrs.
Scott
the88

Post by the88 »

It's a small world, after all!
I'd love to see some current photos of your Crown, if you have them.
We'll pass the love to Shanikai.
Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

the88 wrote:It's a small world, after all!
I'd love to see some current photos of your Crown, if you have them.
We'll pass the love to Shanikai.
Will,

Scott is the member I was talking about, from Vashon Island.
Here is a link where you can see his bus.
http://www.mrsharkey.com/forum/vwtp.php ... earthhorns
the88

Post by the88 »

When you mentioned that, Chuck, I started looking through the members list to see if I could find him and ended up veering far off in other directions.
And as it turns out, we're only two degrees of separation!
Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

the88 wrote:When you mentioned that, Chuck, I started looking through the members list to see if I could find him and ended up veering far off in other directions.
And as it turns out, we're only two degrees of separation!
Yeah, I can feel your warmth. :D
earthhorns

Post by earthhorns »

Thanks Chuck for posting the link for photos of my Crown for Will. I apologize for not being able to post recent photos of the bus and travels, I do not own a digital camera yet. I DO appreciate all the great info. that is shared on this forum!
Thanks Will for passing the love on to my son, I miss him dearly.
Scott
Jesper The Dane

Post by Jesper The Dane »

Gee, is there a lot of loveblues in this thread?! I was married for 17 years, and it was wonderful for the first 12 of them. I should have left her already after 12 years, but stayed for the kids - BIG mistake!

Then single for 2 years, but had many female friends and some of them with benefits...! Until lightning stroke, and I met this woman on the stairs to my apartment. I invited her for coffee, and we talked the sun down and up again, before she went home. Next day she came back, and we have been together ever since.

I would take a bullet for her any day, and I know she would definitely do the same for me. My kids love her, and she never got any of her own, so she love them a lot too...

I have slightly changed the words of W.H Auden:

"She is my North, my South, my East and West.
My working week and my Sunday rest
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love had gone forever, I was wrong."

:wink: