the88

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

the88

the88

Post by the88 »

Greetings from Vashon Island.
And thanks to Ezrablu for directing us here.
We're new on the board and looking forward to being a members of the community.
My name is Will, Shelley is my wife and partner, and Boots is our 6 year old son.
Our progress, or lack thereof can generally be found on the88.org along with some of my music, Shelley's photographs and unrelated stories...
Last edited by the88 on Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

Welcome! Wonderful...another musician! You'll find many musicians here...what do you play? Do you write? I'm glad you came 8)
ezrablu
1991 Bluebird International
360 DT - 6 Speed
the88

the Super8

Post by the88 »

Thank you.
I do write, actually, that's all I do is original music. Sometimes I'll get a crazy idea that I want to cover a song, but it usually doesn't last long enough to do the song justice.
I play a Guild D25 and a DeArmond X155
Some current music can be found on the bandcamp site: http://thesuper8.bandcamp.com/
And feedback is always welcome
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

Nice! Is your band is called Super8? I'll check that page out. There are some REALLY good musicians on this forum. A good place to start that out would be on the Music Central thread.

Also, I mentioned to you about visual inspiration...go HERE and click the links on the left for individual buses.
ezrablu
360 DT - 6 Speed
Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

Welcome Will,

We have another member from Vashon Island. I think last time he posted he was heading out on a road trip to Quartzite or Slab City, I don't remember for sure. Anyway welcome. Ezra forgot to add the link to the best read in the house. Enjoy.

Chuck

http://www.mrsharkey.com/forum/vwtp.php?t=99
Bob

Post by Bob »

Welcome! I am one of the whacko musicians on here...you can see and listen on myspace link. Washington is too cold this time of year..I was on a "mission" in Seattle for a month or so @ thanksgiving time...glad to be in the warm sun again now!
I look forward to hearing about your rig and your journey and music!
Wherever I am...I am home.
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

Jones'n4chrome wrote:...the best read in the house
Yes, and that incomplete thing is also available in "book" form:

http://www.mrsharkey.com/busbarn/30years/page0
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Hi Will

Glad to have you on board. Though I haven't played guitar in years (gave it up for the accordion and mandolin), I still have a Guild D40C and a Guild F112C, both from the seventies.

I listened to your tunes. I like that dreamy guitar sounds. You have a great voice as well.

Is that a Roland JC120 amp I see in the photo?
Got love? Give love.
the88

the Super8

Post by the88 »

Thank you so much, everyone, for the warm welcome; my far-left-of-Karl-Marx political perspective got me into some trouble on the Skoolie board- this feels like a much better fit, I must say.
I'm paying rhythm guitar, so I can't take any real credit for being a guitar player, but they're my songs, and thank you for the support on my vocals.
And, yes, that is my JC120 in the photo... and I'm selling off a rare JC160.
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

Glad you feel comfortable here, Will. As a wise man recently once told me kinda like this: "All kinds of people make the forum go round and all it takes is respect" 8)
ezrablu
360 DT - 6 Speed
graydawg

Post by graydawg »

RESPECT is a word some people can not understand and LIVE BY, Allot of people have different views on something, and want too force their views and beliefs on everyone else, I can't do that or understand why any one else could do it. As long as we have the fredom to live, make our own decisions, worship who or what we want, I will stay here, if that right is taken from us I will not accept it, and willing to protect my rights with my own life if needed. I realize the world is changing, and not sure I or we will have any rights anymore, but when they cease to exist so will I. If any one does not like my views on LIFE so be it, I am who and what I am, a freedom fighter for LIFE. I also respect any one else with a different view than my own and hope we can exist together, if not so be it, maybe I am too vocal with my beliefs and one day might cease to live and breathe over it, I hope I am prepared for whatever comes next.

Will you are deffinately a good musician and joined you site last night, those songs I listed to have some deep thoughts, stay with it, I would like to here some of your other music also.

James Smith in da GRAYDAWG
I ONCE WAS A MIGHTY GREYHOUND
I THEN GOT OLD AND RETIRED
I LOST MY SEATS AND GOT A NEW GIG
I AM NOW A HAULIN SOME OLD DAWGS &
I BECAME THE GRAYDAWG
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Will, I have seen thousands of amps, but never a JC 160.

One rare amp I saw was a Fender Reverb with six ten inch speakers. I forget what they called it.
Got love? Give love.
yugogypsy

the88

Post by yugogypsy »

Welcome Will,

I'm not far from you, Vancouver Island B.C. and I'm welcoming all bus dwellers to drop in any old time-and I LOVE music.

Trying to get Rudy up here so I can here some GOOD Cajun stuff.

We're a pretty relaxed and humorous bunch here. I'm glad you feel comfortable with us.

Lois
Bash On Regardless!
the88

Post by the88 »

They only made these one year- I think it was 1978- probably because it takes Andre the giant to move it...

Shelley, my wife was born on Porcher Island up there in Canadia, Lois.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

WOW! Are those four 12's? They look like 10's.

I remember now. That Fender amp was called the Super Six. It had six 10 inch speakers.

We should also get these posted on the Music Central thread, along with musical anecdotes.

There are some of us who play music in this "bus family".

Music Central is a good place to get to know us. We are wanting to hear about music as a part of your life.

S said that she is greatly moved with your gift.
Got love? Give love.