the88

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

the88

Post by the88 »

I'll head over to Music Central with further related posts. Thank you for the heads up!
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Perhaps you could post that JC 160 also. Maybe some links to your way cool songs and, of course, more instrument photos.

Four twelves in that amp?

Thanks. Rudy
Got love? Give love.
Stealth Camper

Post by Stealth Camper »

Vashon seems to be a popular place. You been there a while? I have a brother out there in "New Hippieville" (all the California hippies moved up there - except for me - and I was in Oklahoma anyway, so it seemed redundant.)
the88

Post by the88 »

We've been on Vashon for about 8 years; we didn't come with the first wave, but, yeah, you can't swing a dead cat around here without whacking a hippie- and then there's the landed gentry who have quite the presence here, second homes don't you know...
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

What does "landed gentry" mean?
Got love? Give love.
the88

Post by the88 »

In this case, the entitled rich folks... the ones with multiple homes.
I'm stopping right there, before I get myself into trouble with my social beliefs, if you know what I mean.
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

I doubt that anyone here is going to get very upset if you were a wee bit disrespectful of people who can afford to own multiple luxury homes. Just don't insult luxury camp trailers. :D
Stealth Camper

Post by Stealth Camper »

I'll finish the thought - bunch of rich a$$hole$. They are moving in and displacing the natives of the place. Taxes there have become SO insane!

Family built house there back about 30 years ago (yeah, I know - they are newbies, too.), but they got their little piece of land from father in law who had the place since 1946. By hand. Everyone in family visited at least twice to pound a nail or two. Probably cost about 50 k in parts to build (big house - 1981 dollars). Very little - few thousand - for labor, most work done by them - 95%+ - took about 6 years to finish. Everything but pouring the concrete for the footing. They did form it up for the pour, though.

Since that time, taxes have gone to the point where last I heard, it is costing between $600 to 700 per month. Following the curve of the last 3 decades, it is on track to cost them about $2500 per month to stay there after retirement! They are planning on leaving.
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

:D Sharkey

heck...most of us don't even own one :D

omg Stealth...that is crazy! It's like the city of Marshfield I live near. There is Marshfield Clinic which is BIG-BIG business in Wisconsin. Anyway, for city and property taxes...when they figured the average wage for the city, they included all the doctors and surgeons that work at the clinic and hospital who don't even spend money OR pay property taxes in Marshfield because they live and shop up by Minneapolis.

So they said the average wage for Marshfield is $80,000 a year when it's all poor farmers who lost their farms and small businesses who can't stay open because of them :x
Last edited by ezrablu on Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ezrablu
1991 Bluebird International
360 DT - 6 Speed
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

Gee, and here I thought people would get upset because Will mentioned swinging a dead cat!!! :oops:
the88

Post by the88 »

It just gets warmer and warmer in here, doesn't it?
All this while I'm starting from the beginning on Music Central.
(And that was just a metaphorical cat, by the way.)
graydawg

Post by graydawg »

Well Will, I guess I am one of the folks your talking about, I do own multiple homes, I have the GRAYDAWG that I am living in she is a 1964 GM PD4106 retired greyhound converted Bus and a 1981 School bus that was going to be a home, but stopped working on it, and put shelves and work bences instead. I never considered myself a rich folk, BUT I guess having multiple homes does makes me rich, shoot I feel better already,
I own 2 homes, and never even thought about it, that way. Some thing just thought of, if I park them side by side I could have a DOUBLEWIDE BUS and be king of the trailer park. Now if I had I just had some money in my pocket to go with it.
FEELING BETTER ALL THE TIME
James in da GRAYDAWG
I ONCE WAS A MIGHTY GREYHOUND
I THEN GOT OLD AND RETIRED
I LOST MY SEATS AND GOT A NEW GIG
I AM NOW A HAULIN SOME OLD DAWGS &
I BECAME THE GRAYDAWG
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

Im a big time A**hole 8) I have a 74 GMC 4905, 63 GMC 4106, Solar igloo and a 20' and 16' Tipi. God "I suck" :D
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

You guys are funny. Last year I had four "homes". I got rid of the 1979 Dodge class C, the 1953 little Schiebout trailer, the 1972 Yellowstone trailer.

I am now in my retirement home. 1973 Blue Bird.

The other ones I had can be seen on my thread.

I am amazed at the number of views that that thread has had. I don't quite know the reason.

Does anyone have any theories?
Got love? Give love.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Sharkey wrote:Gee, and here I thought people would get upset because Will mentioned swinging a dead cat!!! :oops:
I don't understand why someone would swing a dead cat. I had to bury one recently. I didn't swing it. I put it in a box to carry it to the creek bed.

I didn't swing the dead mole I found recently, but I did throw it into the woods.
Got love? Give love.