CDL (off topic)

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

dadeo

CDL (off topic)

Post by dadeo »

I recently got my CDL A license, and am now begining a new job driving tractor trailers. Therefore, I may be away for a while, but I hope you all keep it up!!

-Dadeo
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

Crumbs, er, I mean, Congrats. Things are slow enough around here without losing one of our more prolific posters. Check in when you can and drive safe.
dadeo

Post by dadeo »

thank you. I,ll check in as much as possible!!

dadeo
cathy

CDL

Post by cathy »

I check the site everyday to see who is doing what and where. So you will be missed. I may be a wannabe but , god, I love this site. I plan on being in Oregon in December and will be searching out the housetrucks as I do every year out there.

Cathy
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Re: CDL

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

Hi Cathy

If you do come across any housebuses or housetrucks please try to get some pic's and eather post them or if you would mind you can email them to me direct at busdweller56@hotmail.com Good luck with your trip.

cathy wrote:I check the site everyday to see who is doing what and where. So you will be missed. I may be a wannabe but , god, I love this site. I plan on being in Oregon in December and will be searching out the housetrucks as I do every year out there.

Cathy
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
dadeo

Post by dadeo »

hello,
well, I'm back for a couple days break before I gotta go back out on the road, so Ill give an update; So far, its been a real learning experience. Really stressful at times, but I'm becoming more and more confident with driving those "monsters".
The vehicle I've been driving is a mid 90's Freightliner classic with Super 10 (lightning 10) transmission, pulling standard 53' trailers. Some trailers with air ride, and some with spring ride (the difference is very easy to feel in the way it rides!) The coolest thing about it thats new to me is the Jake brake, SO helpful!
I been to some 13 or 14 states, and seen alot of cool places, and some I'd just as soon not see again. Didn't see any cool busses, except for a few junked relics off the side of the road in junkyards and such.
Anyway, in short, things are coming along pretty well with my new career.

Now, in more important news; I proposed to my girlfriend and she accepted! we should be married within a year or so!
ok, well I'm glad to see the forums picked up some!
Dadeo
Forgottenhighway

Post by Forgottenhighway »

Dadeo,
Let me be the first to congratulate you and yours....I wish you many happy years ahead.
Cheers, Pat
dadeo

Post by dadeo »

thank you! thats very nice of you!
Dadeo
dadeo

Post by dadeo »

heres some pics of my rig:
[img]http://dadeo_lazer2.home.comcast.net/pics/truck_front.JPG[/img]
[img]http://dadeo_lazer2.home.comcast.net/pics/truck_from_sleeper.JPG[/img]
for more go to: http://dadeo_lazer2.home.comcast.net/