DISASTER!

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

rlaggren

Re: DISASTER!

Post by rlaggren »

Lois,

You're an inspiration for the new year. And open space can be so, well, expansive! About 5 years ago I realized that the bachelor botch that I was denning in just kinda weighed on my mind. Been living a bit cleaner each year since and it definitely helps all the bits of daily life. You got some good momentum going out there in the boonies. <g.

Cheers, Rufus
yugogypsy

Post by yugogypsy »

I am trying my darndest to get something done this year.

I've got to sort out and plant my garden with family and friends in mind, finish fixing Pit Stop, build my vardo and at least 2 dozen other things including MORE cleaning.

Thanks for the pat on the back Rufus :)

Lois
Bash On Regardless!
rlaggren

Post by rlaggren »

One thing about a million things to do: There's almost always something you can get in to that'll take you the right direction, no matter what mood you're in. <g> BTDT. Kinda neat, actually...

Cheers

Rufus
yugogypsy

Post by yugogypsy »

Yup, there's always a cupboard to clean or stuff to sort or something else to be done. Today Rick had to clean up a leaky can of stain in my van so I'll have to air the van when we get some good weather and the next time Rick and our friend Jay go to the dump they can drop off the paint and stain to be recycled.

At least it didn't make a big mess in my van, just a puddle that Rick cleaned up.

I have to get my camper ready for my 1st helper and keep cleaning out the house, definitely no lack of things to do.

Plus answering my beeping BlackBerry when my pal up Island is feeling chatty and sends me a text every 2 minutes :D

Cheers, Lois
Bash On Regardless!
yugogypsy

Post by yugogypsy »

Due to lack of funds, the renovating is at a dead stop for now. I am able to get some free help from friends in various trades and will be relying on their help until I have saved sufficient funds to have my house power bumped up to 200 amps from 70. Need a new breaker box and it costs about $1000.00 to get the power company to come in and bump the power feed up.

So until further notice, this thread has dead ended

Lois
Bash On Regardless!
yugogypsy

Post by yugogypsy »

Had necessary funds for doing the electrics come in, so as soon as my electrician can make the time I will have proper amperage in the house at last and be able to run lights to my sheds and the barn! :D

HURRAY!!!!! :D

Lois
Bash On Regardless!
rlaggren

Post by rlaggren »

Lois

That is Great! <g> I've been away awhile and it it looks like things are already picking up and getting into the summer swing. Big doings everywhere.

Rufus
yugogypsy

Post by yugogypsy »

Just waiting to hear from electrician.

Rick got the studs up for the wall to make a tiny spare room and I have to buy insulation and plywood to finish it.

Progress is slow, but steady.

Lois
Bash On Regardless!
yugogypsy

Post by yugogypsy »

Electrics are DONE!!! :)

I now have 200 amp service and eventually will be able to run lights out to all my outbuildings and to Pit Stop!! HURRAY.

Still a lot to do though, get the "new" hot water tank plumbed in and gut the bathroom and install the shower and basin and eventually get a new toilet.

We had a helper for 10 days and got some stuff done in the garden but we still have lots to do there too.

Cheers
Lois
Bash On Regardless!