winter coming to a close

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

splummer

winter coming to a close

Post by splummer »

so what are your plans for the good days ahead ,sounds like its going to be busy up here ,how about you
just because you ride the bus , it doesnt make you a bus person
the bus stopped and i got on and thats how it all began
the88

Post by the88 »

I'm gonna try to make some money, dig us out of the hole, and raise the roof on the bus so that I can get on with some carpentry!
Headache

Post by Headache »

Figure out what kind of bus I want and then find one!
dburt

Post by dburt »

Survive the economic downturn somehow. Try and find more income producing opps. Get a good garden in the ground, I think we will need it with that $4 a gallon gas that seems to be in the works. And always keep my eye open for my ideal bus, at the right price that I can't afford to pass up :lol:
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

Soon as can legally park my bus here in town, I'll head out and pick up my bus and park in front here at my son's house so I can start working on it. There's no parking on the streets after 10pm between Nov 15th and March 15th so the snow plows can do their jobs. Then, once it gets warm enough for me to sleep in it, I'll drive it back out to my land and work on it out there.

Also getting stuff ready to have a big garage sale. I'm determined to get rid of my storage rooms by May 1st. Then I gotta build a shed out on my land so I have somewhere to put the stuff I'm gonna keep...just a small shed maybe 10x10 or so.

The biggest project I have to accomplish this summer is drilling a water well on my land. Wish me luck on that :D
ezrablu
1991 Bluebird International
360 DT - 6 Speed
Bob

Post by Bob »

Good luck! Enjoy the warm weather! Everyone must be out working on projects now instead of on here writing. Get everything ready for the big party we are all coming to there! :D
Wherever I am...I am home.
splummer

Post by splummer »

you are right bob , iam out doing projects :D plowing sno. got 2 feet plus last night moe to come for the next 3 days :banghead:
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

splummer....it's been snowing here the past 2 days, too. I imagine you'll get what's leftover from not falling here. :D

I am SO ready for this winter to be over.
ezrablu
1991 Bluebird International
360 DT - 6 Speed
Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

ezrablu wrote:splummer....it's been snowing here the past 2 days, too. I imagine you'll get what's leftover from not falling here. :D

I am SO ready for this winter to be over.
Me too!
I actually had to put on pants and shoes instead of shorts and flip flops. This global warming stuff is killing me. :D
yugogypsy

winter is coming to a close

Post by yugogypsy »

I'm cleaning and sorting and like ezrablu, I'm going to have a garage sale and move a bunch of stuff around in the house while the electrician does his work and I'll have to check on the garden soon, 23 days until Daylight Savings Time HURRAY :D

Lois
Bash On Regardless!
Headache

Post by Headache »

I'll have to add that I am also sorting, cleaning, tossing and planning to sell/donate a lot of "stuff" in anticipation of going mobile.

As I enjoy the 3" of snow we got last night. :D
splummer

Post by splummer »

and what are you selling
Headache

Post by Headache »

I'll be deciding quite a bit of it as I go along but I'm definitely going to reduce my book population, kitchen table set, knick knacks, a couple of fake fireplaces, some cowgirlish looking living room furniture(love seat and chair) and some kitchen items. It's mostly "stuff" and I'll need to downsize quite a bit.

Some furnishings, silver and antiques belong to the family estate and I'm going to either ship them off or deliver them to my Uncles. I don't need them and it's best they go there in order to remain in the family.

I'd love to be able to sell all of it(not the family stuff) for my bus/trailer fund but being realistic in this economy means that most likely I'll be having charity pick it up.
yugogypsy

winter is coming to a close

Post by yugogypsy »

I got some cleaning up done last night, and I'm going to do some more today.

I wish I could sell everything to fix this twisted jig-saw puzzle house of mine, just get the water fixed and find out the wiring's in trouble.

I gotta start selling stuff on my roadside stand this year. I've only got about $2.50 in my pig bank bus fund :lol:

Lois
Bash On Regardless!
kb2iaw

abandoned barn .

Post by kb2iaw »

In One Of Your Photos There was a barn on adjacent property ...Why Not Try To Make a deal to buy it ,since it abuts your property...Or Lease it if it`s cheap enough ..or lease with the option to buy it .??? JUST THINKING OUT
LOUD...

ezrablu wrote:Soon as can legally park my bus here in town, I'll head out and pick up my bus and park in front here at my son's house so I can start working on it. There's no parking on the streets after 10pm between Nov 15th and March 15th so the snow plows can do their jobs. Then, once it gets warm enough for me to sleep in it, I'll drive it back out to my land and work on it out there.

Also getting stuff ready to have a big garage sale. I'm determined to get rid of my storage rooms by May 1st. Then I gotta build a shed out on my land so I have somewhere to put the stuff I'm gonna keep...just a small shed maybe 10x10 or so.

The biggest project I have to accomplish this summer is drilling a water well on my land. Wish me luck on that :D