Looking Over That Potential Project

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

Miss Priss

Post by Miss Priss »

It was my daughter who taught me to stop thinking I can't! When I had cancer she said I "can do anything" because she "believed in me because I couldn't believe in myself". After a bad divorce cancer x2 and her going to live with her father because I was always sick; I do everything with an I can attitude!
Life is 100%. 10% what happens to us and 90% what we do with it!
Now you get to find a NEW you! :wink:
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

My daughter and I sat on the board of a big youth group here on Long Island of about 12 years and I ended up with a group of 14 to 15 year old's and one particular weekend I was finely fed up with hearing most of a group of 18 kids continue to say “ I can’tâ€
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
dburt

Post by dburt »

Go Blu! :lol:
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

Thanks dburt....going, going....gone! :D

Nice story Dennis :thumbup:

Miss Priss....thanks....AND good for you! How blessed you are to have a daughter like her...you must have done plenty right by her. It's a wonderful frame of mind you have. Hang onto it and thank you for sharing some of your story 8)
ezrablu
1991 Bluebird International
360 DT - 6 Speed
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

One 10x20 storage room emptied today! LONG day....my back is killing me and it hurts to type :D

BUT really glad one is done....only one more to go. This next one is gonna take much longer because I have to unload the whole storage room and actually sort through everything/boxes. (keep-sell-give piles). Then pack "keep" crap back into the storage room so I can also fit the stuff I have at my son's house in there, too. I REALLY hate to think about having a garage sale but I guess I'm gonna have to do it :roll:

Time to saw some logs....g'nite all!
ezrablu
360 DT - 6 Speed
graydawg

Post by graydawg »

And when might I expect to see you BLU, got allot of work myself that needs to be done, trying hard to be less of a packrat, hoarder myself nowadays, but some of it is too valuable to turn loose of. :D surely no one knows my delime
James in da GRAYDAWG
I ONCE WAS A MIGHTY GREYHOUND
I THEN GOT OLD AND RETIRED
I LOST MY SEATS AND GOT A NEW GIG
I AM NOW A HAULIN SOME OLD DAWGS &
I BECAME THE GRAYDAWG
rlaggren

Post by rlaggren »

> think about having a garage sale...

The FREE column on Craigslist?

Rufus
Headache

Post by Headache »

That free column doesn't bring in any money that you can spend on other things.

The way my luck has been going the for sale column doesn't make any money either!
yugogypsy

Looking over that Potential Project

Post by yugogypsy »

Hey Headache,

Look for a "Cheap-cycle group in your area, it's a spin off on Freecycle.

Or see if there's a Buy, Sell & Trade paper in your area.
All else fails-yeah hold a garage sale.

I know I'm going to have to when I clean the last 12 years worth of stuff out of my house while it's beeing re-wired. Thank Heavens I have Pit Stop to keep all that stuff dry for me!

Good Luck
Lois
Bash On Regardless!
Headache

Post by Headache »

The apartment complex won't let me hold a sale so I'm awaiting the local outdoor flea market opening.

I'll figure out a way to advertise my bigger items for sale, you can bet on that. I'll just have to be sneaky about it.

On a better note the dealership I've been trying to get some communication from about a bus I'm interested in knows me well enough now that they gave me the guys cell phone number to call directly because he's never called me back. The wife of the president of the company told me if he(the sales guy and brother) didn't call she'd make her husband call me. If it wasn't for all those gals "cheering" me on I'd have left a message to stick that bus ages ago.

We had some lols over me asking if they'd hog tie him til I get there and I'd tighten everything up and hold him until all my questions were answered and I got a good look at the bus.
yugogypsy

Looking over that Potential Project

Post by yugogypsy »

:D I work at our local flea market concession on Sundays, got lots of good stuff to replace what I've thrown out because they quit working (lamps etc)

I see quite a variety of stuff come and go-and the used stuff sells better than the new, and people must be making enough that they keep coming back to sell more.

Even our cook has a table and has someone watch it for him. I got the lamp from him.

In any case, good luck. When times get tough, the tough like us get going!
Lois
Bash On Regardless!
splummer

Post by splummer »

barn sales and yard sale soon about to begin up here , hope its a good year, we are doing an estate sale very soon,webought out an oldfarm last fall and will befinishing saling this year, hope to buy another after
just because you ride the bus , it doesnt make you a bus person
the bus stopped and i got on and thats how it all began
splummer

Post by splummer »

just hope that my selling skills are better then my spelling :D
just because you ride the bus , it doesnt make you a bus person
the bus stopped and i got on and thats how it all began
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

So far I've made $1175 this month on craigslist selling crap outta my storage room (and they come to pick it up). Then I found a guy who used to raise Ostrich and had a bunch of fencing and posts for sale. He sold me 160 feet of 7 ft fence for .75 cents a foot and 30 T-posts for $2 each. Now my dogs have 40 foot square kennel...BIG worry off my mind. Last summer I bought 18 ft shade tarp so now I just have to build an insulated dog house :screwy:

I've sold around $300 on Ebay the past few weeks....and have about $5000 worth of stuff listed right now. Usually I just sell stuff I make and my paintings on there. Ya, shipping is getting outrageous but I always have the buyers pay for it. Mostly I really don't enjoy packing the stuff up to ship :roll:

I still have a LOT more to get rid of. It's VERY time consuming putting the listings on craigslist and ebay...one item at a time :roll: I'm hoping to have a garage sale the first weekend in May where I can not only sell but give stuff away faster :D
ezrablu
360 DT - 6 Speed
somewhereinusa

Post by somewhereinusa »

ezrablu

When you get done there you can come and sell 45 years worth of stuff for me.

Got 20 acres to park on