Pit Stop is coming home SOON!

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

yugogypsy

Re: Pit Stop is coming home SOON!

Post by yugogypsy »

what happened?
Lois
Bash On Regardless!
yugogypsy

Post by yugogypsy »

okay, nothing new, I can't even get this computer to stay online!!
Lois
Bash On Regardless!
yugogypsy

Post by yugogypsy »

An update!

Rick got the doors off and as soon as I have more $$$ I'll get the new door fixed and we'll install it.

For now, Pit Stop and Mercy are doing duty as sheds. Mercy will get emptied out over the summer as my new found family members and I put together a "Family Garden" here, all the garden pots etc are stored in her.

Pit Stop will have a tub garden again, seems to be a good spot for growing greens.

If anyone is up this way over summer, please drop in, I'd love to see you

Lois
Bash On Regardless!
yugogypsy

Post by yugogypsy »

Whenever we get another stretch of good weather, Pit Stop is going to get cleaned out and we're going to have a bonfire.

Our horse grave is turning into a lake from all the rain we've had and we're picking up pieces of branches and retrieving the plastic off my van and putting it back every few days because of the wind.

I went to feed the horse the other morning and if I'd had an umbrella I could have done a Mary Poppins and flown down to see Rufus, the wind was blowing so hard. I also needed windshield wipers on my glasses. :D

Pit Stop will also get her new door when the weather straightens up and hopefully we'll get some gardening done. We even had SNOW the other morning. :shock:

I hope the weather is better where all of you are, sure has been wet and miserable here.
Happy Saint Patrick's Day everyone

Lois
Bash On Regardless!
yugogypsy

Post by yugogypsy »

Time for me to re-plant Pit Stop's garden and Mercy is babysitting 100 or so kale plants.

I haven't got as much done as I wanted to over the winter, but I'm going to try and get more clutter out of here now that my van is back on the road.

Quirky, but running--if you turn the wipers on they stick and you have to get out and wiggle them until they go--van sat for a year and things got sticky.

We're still planting garden, slow again this year due to cold wet weather but we're getting there.

Due to the cool weather my dear horse is still with us and being a very efficient lawnmower--the Briggs & Stratton model broke down! :D

I found some thin sheets of copper and for the first time in years, no slugs in the lettuce.

Flowers for Pit stop this year, nasturtiums and marigolds.

I'm going to be working hard on getting Rick to put a door on Pit Stop soon. We have some finishing in the house to do first.

We've expanded the garden for next year and I'm getting a prune plum tree in the fall.

Pit Stop will get her first lot of late veggie starts soon. I need more growing space.

Take Care All
Lois
Bash On Regardless!
rlaggren

Post by rlaggren »

> copper

Lois, how did you arrange the copper to protect the lettuce? I've heard about this, but never had enough problems to actually get down and do it.
yugogypsy

Post by yugogypsy »

Cut in circles and make a slit where you can bend the copper to go around the plant. Copper I have is about as thick as construction paper, Rick calls it shim-stock, presumably because you can cut shims out of it.

Lois
Bash On Regardless!
rlaggren

Post by rlaggren »

Hmm. That sounds like it uses more copper than I have around. Maybe why I haven't tried this method.

Rufus
yugogypsy

Post by yugogypsy »

Go to the scrap yard and ask for any little bits they have lying around and polish them up with salt & vinegar so they're bright, rinse with cold water and put around the plants--even plumbing pipe or copper propane line will work.

Cheers
Lois
Bash On Regardless!